Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Limited Traits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

Limited Traits Empty
PostSubject: Limited Traits   Limited Traits I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 2:49 pm

I know we all want our characters to be unique and special, but there are some limits that have to be set in place. Some things need to stay rare, and this is a list of traits your human characters may be limited in. Things like albinism and heterochromia won’t be limited within reason, but we won’t let you make all your character albino or heterochromatic or whatever else.

HAD/HAW

HAD and HAW, or Hear All Dragons/Hear All Whers, are meant to be extremely limited traits. A player may only ever have one of these in play, though should their HAD die they will be able to replace them with a new one. These are expensive, and can only be purchased via the site shop. The different levels of HAD and their consequences will be listed below.

Low Range: This level of HAD is quite mild, and has a rather limited range. HAD at this level can passively hear dragonkin within 50m of themselves, and actively hear within 500m. When actively using their ability, they may endure a mild headache.

Mid Range: This is where HAD starts to become more troublesome for the person who has it. Able to passively hear all dragonkin within 250m of themselves, their active range is a whopping 1km. The severity of using the ability on their body is upped because of this, however. Mid ranged HAD, when using their ability actively or in an area with many dragonkin at once, will suffer from migraines, bloody noses, and ringing ears. These symptoms will persist once they shut their ability off as well, and may last for a significant chunk of time after.

High Range: The highest and most painful level of HAD, this level has a passive range of 1km. At this range, weyr life becomes very painful due to the sheer amount of dragonkin. High level HAD will always have a droning of background noise in the form of dragonkin voices, and are unable to shut out any dragonkin. Their active range is 5km, but the consequences of using this ability are rather debilitating, and can last for much longer. Migraines are common even when not actively using their ability. When actively using it, splitting migraines, ringing ears, double vision, bloody noses, and potentially even fainting, are rather common side effects that can last days.

Disabled Riders/Stands Impressions

Typically, a person needs to be physically fit to be considered for candidacy. However, there are some notable exceptions. Someone who lost a limb or an eye young/at birth and has had a chance to adjust would be accepted, but someone who only recently became disabled and has not yet had the time to figure things out might not be allowed to stand.

Luckily, for those other disabled characters, stands impressions exist! These can be purchased from the site shop to allow a non candidate to impress, whether on screen or in their history. This can be any character ages 12 and older. Younger than 12 will not be allowed even for stands impressions.
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com

Limited Traits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Rules & News :: Information & Guides-
Jump to: