Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Candidacy Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

Candidacy Information Empty
PostSubject: Candidacy Information   Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2023 3:53 pm

Candidacy Info

Candidates are a very important part of life in a weyr, especially when your weyr  is the only one left. Here on Final, candidates will have a specific set of rules they must follow!

The first question people often ask is: how old can my candidate be? On Final, anybody aged 14-30 is eligible for candidacy, though stands impressions do exist. If you were born in the weyr, you can sign up for candidacy automatically upon reaching 14. For holders, and people born before the crisis, you must be “searched”.

Some dragons are more sensitive to psychic ability than others, and these dragons are known as searchdragons. They are often sent to the two holds, especially close to hatching cycles, and will recruit those with good enough psychic ability to be able to bond to a dragon.

Those who are not considered for dragon candidacy can still bond to whers and firelizards. Anybody, regardless of ability level, may sign up for wher candidacy at the age of 17 or older. While whers rarely maul people in hatchings, baby wherlets are a little harder to care for for the first few months of their lives, and thus older teenagers and adults are preferred for impression to young whers. This doesn’t mean “stands” impressions never happen for handlers though- the mother wher may choose to hang one of her eggs to someone who isn’t even a wher candidate.

Impression Eligibility

Here on Final Weyr, eligibility is pretty simple. Every candidate is eligible for impression unless their player states otherwise. New players will always have priority for impression in their first clutch, with the only notable exception to this being if they arrived three days before hatching day OOC. A few days isn’t enough time to give a dragon to a newbie, and by then matches are usually long locked in.

Any candidate is eligible for any color dragon you want, as well. If you don’t want a certain color? Tell us! If there’s a couple you’d prefer over others, that’s fine too! Unless stated otherwise, all candidates are automatically considered eligible for gold/pearl. The exception to this rule is if a player has two queens already. So the candidate who’s been in play for a month has just as much of a shot as older members, queens aren’t given based on seniority.
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

Candidacy Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candidacy Information   Candidacy Information I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 4:07 pm

Wher Impressions

Here on Final Weyr, a handler may impress two whers at any given time, though one may rarely have a triple bond as an event prize. Handlers may start off with one Wher, while their second must be obtained IC. In order to be able to bond a second wher, you must fill out the candidacy form and send it to a staff to add to your app, if your character has already been accepted. You can also fill the candidacy form before you get the app graded.

Having a third wher will be a very rare event prize, and only a handful of players will ever obtain it.
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com

Candidacy Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Rules & News :: Information & Guides-
Jump to: