Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Echoes of Pern
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2024 2:19 am by Guest

» Hope of Pern
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2024 6:19 pm by Guest

» Final Chance Weyr
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2024 8:46 am by Guest

» Weyr of Ashes
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2024 5:48 pm by Guest

» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 11:37 pm by Tyto

» Dragonfly Dreams
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 3:40 pm by Guest

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2024 2:18 pm by Starisia

» Candidate Verinda
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Weyr of Ashes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashes Staff

Weyr of Ashes Empty
PostSubject: Weyr of Ashes   Weyr of Ashes I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2024 5:48 pm

Six hundred turns ago, greed and arrogance caused the Dragonriders of Pern to Fall. Their dragons and the dragonkin have been hunted ever since. Centuries on the run, never settling in one place, life has not been easy for the once-proud protectors of Pern. Knowledge and tradition has been lost to time, discarded in favor of skills better suited to survival. What use is firestone, after all, to a people who can't linger long enough to mine it? What use are tales of Threadfall, when it was eradicated almost a millennia ago?

Things have changed for the people of Pern, too. Dragons and their kin are now the stuff of nightmares. They're violent, unintelligent beasts who snatch naughty children away, and offer them as food for their evil spawn. The DragonHunters are the only thing standing between Pern and total annihilation. They've done well destroying their numbers, so well that many people believe dragons to be extinct in their entirety.

Only a small Hold on the Isle of Ashes has any sympathy for the plight of the Riders. Together, with the help of a mysterious, unnamed person, they have prepared the large Weyr to be one last bastion of safety for what little remains of a once proud people. Some of the dragons have been gathered there already - including what remains of Gold Asilarith's group; a once forty-strong Wing of dragons that has been reduced to just fifteen. With them, seven whers, and twelve eggs of Asilarith's most recent clutch, all seeking safety and rest.

For now, Ashen Weyr truly is a safe haven. But with the OverLord of Pern paying good money to anyone who has information on the whereabouts of any suspected riders, how long can this brief respite last? And why, oh why, does the dragons' blood stir once more in response to an unseen enemy?

What we have:
  • A compelling Non-Canon plot, designed to challenge you and your characters.
  • LGBTQ+ friendly dragonkin, to go along with their riders.
  • A strictly 18+ role play forum.
  • A slow but steady pace designed with the inevitable Real Life in mind. Develop your characters beyond just hatchings!
  • A Character Stats system based loosely off of DnD! Interactive events with unknown consequences!
  • A non-canon water-based pet, to go alongside the Firelizards!
Back to top Go down

Weyr of Ashes
Page 1 of 1