Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Final Chance Weyr
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2024 8:46 am by Guest

» Weyr of Ashes
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2024 5:48 pm by Guest

» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 11:37 pm by Tyto

» Dragonfly Dreams
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2024 3:40 pm by Guest

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2024 2:18 pm by Starisia

» Candidate Verinda
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Final Chance Weyr

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grey

Final Chance Weyr Empty
PostSubject: Final Chance Weyr   Final Chance Weyr I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2024 8:46 am

Home

At the start of a long Interval, a virulent disease breaks out among dragonkin. While three of every four infected whers eventually recover, the disease is fatal for dragons and flits without exception.

Highly contagious and able to be carried between dragonkin by humans too, quarantine is entirely ineffective. It soon becomes clear that dragons will imminently go extinct, and a radical plan is devised to avert this. Three gravid queens will go forward in time, laying their eggs at a time when, it is hoped, the disease will have died out.

In the decades and centuries since the start of the contagion, Pern has grown in leaps and bounds. They avoid the old weyrs, filled still with the bones of the dead, but recently they have become fearful once more as the Red Star is seen through the Eye Rock installed at various locations.

The Guardians, a wherhandler group dedicated to protecting and helping the people of the Nerat peninsula, have gathered in response to the call sent out by the time-traveling queens.  Some of their leadership have taken up residence at Nerat, with weyrlingmasters, guards, and supplies sent by Fort and Syrim for the eggs, now hatched.

Those eggs, a staggering number even for three Queens, faced many challenges before even breaking shell. A few of their number were stolen by a rogue group of Guardians, and violence erupted on the sands as dragons hatched for the first time in centuries. The hatching itself has resulted in the Impression of many brand new riders from each of the three ‘weyrs’. Now the emphasis lies on who controls the dragons and how much everyone can prepare for thread before it strikes.

An apocalypse is coming. Not everyone will survive. How will Pern use their final chance?

Features:
Follows the revival of the dragon population from scratch as well as the struggle over dragonkin’s role in the world
Flexible personalities, sexualities, and genders for dragonkin
Multiple bondable and non-bondable pets, with player creation available for more
No gender or sexuality-based impression
Unique wher species (river and great wher) and unbonded whers available, including whers holding crafting positions
Dragonkin candidate questionnaire allows players complete control over their character’s bond, from rank through to personality, subspecies, and mutations
All female dragonkin able to clutch
Several years worth of planned plots
A strong emphasis on wher handlers
Two playable locations to come
Back to top Go down

Final Chance Weyr
Page 1 of 1