Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

J'Let of Brown Akoith

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Para

J'Let of Brown Akoith Empty
PostSubject: J'Let of Brown Akoith   J'Let of Brown Akoith I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 12:39 pm

J'let

[img*]image_here[/img*]

"Half of my heart's got a real good imagination"
-Half of my Heart, John Mayer

BASICS

NAME: J'let
NICKNAME(S): tbd
ORIENTATION: unsure, either ace or lesbian

BIRTHDATE: winter 2678
WING/SQUAD:

APPEARANCE

HAIR: COLOR:
EYE COLOR:
HEIGHT:
PLAY-BY:
EXPY CLAIM: N/A
FULL APPEARANCE

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: friendly, curious, sharp sense of humor, enjoys perfect timing
FULL PERSONALITY:

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS:
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: iiiiiiiit's complicated. and awkward. she was engaged to (redwere's boy)
BIRTHPLACE:  
FULL BACKSTORY:

Akoith

Color: Brown
Birth Turn: 2675
Hex Code: B06500/964B00 or 3D2B1F, 4B3621, 6F4E37 - pick one
Height: 17.5 ft
Length: 69 ft
Wingspan: 85 ft
Mutations: none

Personality
Akoith is determined to recruit candidates.  He's not actually a search dragon, but that won't stop him: the eggs (whether present or future) need riders, and Akoith will provide.  If someone seems unlikely to impress or to be a good rider, he'll reason himself around to believing that they'll be just fine.  He'll also try to convince anyone he meets that isn't already a rider that candidacy and impression is the best possible future for them, and they should try it.  He's not upset about this, but he is very persistent, and unlikely to stop until every unbonded human is officially a candidate, and maybe a few promising handlers too, just in case. He doesn't think they'd be able to impress, but there's no harm in making them available, just in case.

When not around potential candidates, Akoith is quite calm and somewhat reserved.  He won't avoid anyone or try to evade a conversation, but he rarely initiates interaction, and almost never speaks to a rider that isn't his own.  He'd rather bask in the sun, or relax by gliding slowly on the air currents near the Weyr.  This also must be in the sun; if it's rainy Akoith will stay firmly inside his weyr and not come out unless absolutely necessary, which even hunger may not qualify for. He has a rider, after all; can't she just bring him something to eat? If Akoith does have to go out in the rain he'll sulk and whine about it the whole time, and for quite a while after.

Akoith also enjoys stretching, and can sometimes be found in poses that a fully grown brown usually isn't quite able to comfortably manage anymore.  Whether he'll grow out of it eventually is anyone's guess, but for now he still enjoys lounging in odd spots and poses.  To be clear, this does not make him any more agile than typical for a brown in the air (being on the large end for a brown, he's actually less average than most browns), he just enjoys sleeping in ways that most adult dragons would find uncomfortable.

For as disinclined to socialization as he is, Akoith is quite vocal on a purely audible level. If he spots another dragon, gets close, or notices another dragon move closer to him, he'll make some sort of sound, usually a sort of relatively quiet rumble. This can confuse others, as Akoith doesn't feel the need to communicate in any other way, but he is quite pleased if a dragon responds with a similar sound. Words are unnecessary, but acknowledgement is only polite. Akoith will do this with humans and whers as well, but it's mostly limited to the ones he knows.

Appearance
Akoith is large for a brown, though certainly not the largest in the Weyr. He's also a bit tall for his length, though only slightly; not enough that it stands out. He likes to lounge in the sun, which means a tendency toward high ridges, and can make him appear larger at first glance.

Akoith's main color is a dark, cool brown, similar to good dirt. This is, if examined, actually a few distinct shades of similar browns, closely mottled together, so that most patches of any color are about the size of a thumbprint or smaller. Markings in a much warmer, medium brown with orange tones are brushed over his spine, the front edges of his wings, and the toes of his back feet. Freckles in this color appear all over his hide, but are mostly clustered near the full markings; elsewhere, they're scattered enough to not have a noticeable effect.

Akoith tends to be quite still, and to lounge in positions that look like they really should be uncomfortable. The result can look somewhat odd or unnerving, or startle those who thought he was asleep until they walked close enough that he rumbled to greet them.
Back to top Go down

J'Let of Brown Akoith
Page 1 of 1