Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_vote_lcapT'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_voting_barT'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_vote_rcap 
CourtOfCats
T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_vote_lcapT'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_voting_barT'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_vote_rcap 
Snarkosaurus
Tyto
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyto

Tyto

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth Empty
PostSubject: T'nal of Bronze Bilynth   T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 7:29 pm

T'nal

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth Ma37QuD

"I’ll protect them. Even if it means to lay my life down for them."

BASICS

NAME: T'nal
NICKNAME(S): Tal
ORIENTATION: Demiromantic Pansexual

BIRTHDATE: Spring 2650
WING/SQUAD: Suneater Wing

APPEARANCE

HAIR: COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Blue
HEIGHT: Roughly 6'2"
PLAY-BY: Original
EXPY CLAIM: N/A

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Spirited, Happy-Go-Lucky, Overbearing, Strong-Willed
FULL PERSONALITY:
T'nal is certainly a spirited young lad, full of life and energy often absent in the chaos of the times. And while not overtly charismatic, he does have a certain charm that seems to encourage people to want to trust him--or at least decide to follow him. Eager and energetic, he's often seen with a smile on his face and a spring in his step, even after a day of difficult work that leaves him exhausted and sore. He has no problem with physical or public displays of affection and has been known to hug good friends (and sometimes strangers if there's something worth celebrating), but isn't so obtuse to force it on someone who is clearly uncomfortable.

Typically forthright in his opinions or ideas, he's sometimes seen as being loud and overbearing and butts heads frequently with those in places of power. Tal is very strong-willed and incredibly hard to dissuade once he's set his mind to something, and while he will bow to those he respects, if he does not respect someone it is extremely difficult to get him to willingly obey. He's not afraid to speak his out when he doesn't agree with something or someone, and even less afraid to help take down someone considered to be a threat to the well-being of many--so long as their removal would in the end be "better" for everyone (which, despite his behavior, quite rarely includes what might be best for HIM personally). Interestingly enough, he will also defend someone he has disagreed with or may not like at all with just as much vehemence if their continued existence brings forth a positive change.

Tal is actually a great listener and more than willing to lend an ear to someone who needs it. Even if he isn't any sort of mind healer, or particularly fantastic (as far as he's concerned) with offering advice, he does know that sometimes all that is needed is someone to complain to. He himself will rarely seek out such luxuries, however, so it is rare to find him speaking about his own (real) problems--even when prompted. Consistently speaking his opinion and butting heads with those "above" him leaves him looking arrogant--but he's really not so much as he seems.

Once truly befriended, one will find themselves a loyal companion who would move mountains and go to the very ends of Pern for them. Betraying that trust, however, will end poorly--while he won't seek revenge, his trust cannot be earned back once broken. He's not hard to talk to and not judgmental, so he would rather talk a problem out with a friend and part ways amicably disagreeing than be stabbed in the back by someone he cared about.

Despite his candid, outspoken behavior, T'nal is actually an incredibly secretive individual when it comes to himself. One will often find themselves sharing much more with Tal than he does with them--and what they do learn is largely unimportant or insignificant information. While he may not outright lie, he is skilled at half-truths and giving only partial information while leaving someone thinking they know the whole story. This is not a skill used maliciously, however, and he will not share a secret given to him (especially not one in confidence).

Privately, he is quite sentimental and tends to keep tiny favors that will likely seem insignificant to others.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS: Tandrin - Father - Deceased (Presumed)
Elinal - Mother - Deceased (Illness)
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
BIRTHPLACE: Fort Weyr
FULL BACKSTORY: (Warning: Death)
T'nal, once Talinal, was born in Fort Weyr to a Handler/Folk pair. The world as his parents had known it was coming to an end, and the world he would be raised in was far different. As a young child, his mother became ill and passed within the same Turn, and he was turned over to the creche to be raised amongst the other youngsters of the Weyr. His father was far too busy with Threadfall and later moving the people of the North to the South to keep track of a young boy. This didn't seem to deter him at all, however, and he quickly made many friends amongst the other children and even helping with the younger ones. His father visited as frequently as able, usually on his son's nameday, until one Turn failing to return at all. And the following, one by one, until Fort began to transport its residents to the South, and Talinal gradually forgot what his father's face looked like and his mother was barely a memory of a caring woman who held him as a youngster.

At Final Weyr, he forged himself a future.

Once things settled, he joined in an apprenticeship to the Weyr's Harpers. And at fourteen, he enlisted into Candidacy. Between his lessons for his Apprenticeship and those as a Candidate he was kept well busy and out of any serious trouble. He did, however, frequently butt heads with several of the Journeymen Harpers and even older Candidates (mostly those who had been Candidates for longer or thought they were "better" because they were older than him) and once or twice even the Candidatemaster themself. Luckily, he was able to keep his head out of any major incidents that would have resulted in expulsion from the ranks. He even managed to bond to a little blue Firelizard he found on the beach, sacrificing his afternoon snack to the screaming goblin as it tried to bite his fingers off.

It took six long Turns for him to finally Impress. He didn't think much of the bronze that came up to the cluster of candidates, many other dragonets having approached him and turned away at the last moment by that point. He even had a couple scars on his legs from ones that had hobbled too close or gotten annoyed with him not moving out of the way fast enough like he'd be able to read their mind that their bonded was behind him. A scrawny little thing, with wings that were too tiny and legs that were too long, and it honestly wasn't until he was standing at the feeding table with a bucket of sliced meat chunks that he really even registered that this was Bilynth and he was his.

He and his new dragon got on like a flame to kindling, inseparable from the get-go. Even if Bilynth wasn't quite as outgoing as his rider and often preferred to just listen, he was always there at his bonded's side--even if that was just metaphorically. The bronze grew like a weed and for the first Turn, T'nal would often joke that he was doomed to smell like dragon oil for the rest of his life--but at least his hands would be softer than a bare bottom. By the time they would graduate Weyrlinghood, he'd be a massive specimen that had finally grown into proper proportions.

Many Turns together have turned the close duo into a seamless pair, often able to work together without even needing to speak a word through their bond.

Last edited by Tyto on Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: T'nal of Bronze Bilynth   T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 7:44 pm

[Updates Here]

Credits
T'nal Art: bouzlev47
Bilynth & Gale bases: Alyssa McCarthy (Kaiserflames)
Bilynth/Gale/T'nal Designs: Tyto

Last edited by Tyto on Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: T'nal of Bronze Bilynth   T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 7:52 pm

Bilynth

Color: Bronze
Birth Turn: Summer 2670
Hex Code: #756f2d
Height: 21.5ft
Length: 87ft
Wingspan: 110ft
Mutations: N/A

Personality
This is a calm, even-tempered dragon, and one who typically isn't difficult to be around for long periods. He's the sort who can sit in comfortable silence with someone for hours and not need any conversation to entertain himself. He isn't consistently bumping heads with those "above" him like his rider, and doesn't seem to mind following despite his color's association with leadership. A trait he does share with his rider is his stubbornness a dragonlength long, and willingness to stand up for what he believes to be right. He'll do his best to help where he can, if someone comes to him for assistance, but anything he knows is shared with his rider so secrets aren't the best to be told him in confidence. Even if he doesn't tell anyone else.

Appearance
Bilynth, as a hatchling, was a scrawny little thing, with too-long limbs and stubby wings. As an adult, however, he really filled out into a stunning specimen of his color. Tall and casting an elegant, surprisingly narrow figure for his size, this bronze is a sight to behold. While his color pattern isn't much to write home about, he's still quite unique. A green-bronze from nose to tail, spattered with deep, darker bronze splotches almost as if an artist carelessly cast their brush drippings over his hide. Despite his size, he's very agile in the air, and while not particularly fast compared to, say, a Blue or a Green, he will easily give other bronzes a run for their money. With his long wings, he's quite good at gliding, and his powerful muscles mean he can fly for long periods without tiring.

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth II4kLlz

Last edited by Tyto on Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: T'nal of Bronze Bilynth   T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 8:06 pm

Gale

Color: Blue
Species: Firelizard

Personality
Playful and spirited, Gale is as carefree as the wind. He spends his days flying around the Weyr and the surrounding jungles, and his nights curled up in T'nal's sock drawer. Very bright and reliable, he's often used to carry messages to and from the nearby Holds--but does require "payment" in the form of fresh meats.

Appearance
Gale is--well. He's a blue firelizard, that's for sure. Middling in size compared to his brethren, built a bit long and lanky. His wings are narrow and thin, making him rather aerodynamic. He's a zippy little thing, for sure. His hide is a pretty pale shade of blue, beneath a mottling deeper blue, senseless pattern often found on seashells.

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth Muj5ZL1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T'nal of Bronze Bilynth   T'nal of Bronze Bilynth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth
Page 1 of 1