Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_vote_lcapnevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_voting_barnevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_vote_rcap 
CourtOfCats
nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_vote_lcapnevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_voting_barnevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_vote_rcap 
Tyto
Snarkosaurus
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

nevermind, doesn't work under new rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Para

nevermind, doesn't work under new rules Empty
PostSubject: nevermind, doesn't work under new rules   nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 2:14 pm

Chavori

nevermind, doesn't work under new rules Screenshot-2024-01-01-at-2-41-42-PM

"lyrics or quotes"

BASICS

NAME: Chavori
NICKNAME(S): none yet
ORIENTATION: I'll let you know once I do.

BIRTHDATE: Spring 2661
WING/SQUAD: N/A

APPEARANCE

HAIR: COLOR: brown
EYE COLOR: gray
HEIGHT: 6'7".  Comically tall.  Very worried she might grow more.  Has to duck to get into a lot of rooms.
PLAY-BY: Medieval Woman Dress-up on Doll Divine
EXPY CLAIM: N/A

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS:  Too anxious to sit still or say no.  Good control of her expressions, poor awareness of her emotions, especially negative ones.
FULL PERSONALITY:  Chavori is caring, generous, patient, and hard working--or at least, she's deeply afraid of not being all those things, and so almost all of her time and energy goes into performing them.  She's always looking for a chore to do or a person to help, and never really considers saying no to be an option.  Not for her, at least, though it's perfectly acceptable for other people to be busy or tired.  She just can't stand to disappoint anyone, and if she's actually so busy that she can't find the time to help someone who asked, she'll have to work very hard to avoid crying while saying so.

Chavori likes meals, especially when she helped to prepare them, but finished her part in time to eat with everyone else.  She dislikes chores that require her to sit down, as she tends to get tired or sleepy during them, so she makes up excuses to stand if at all possible.  She likes chores that are gross, messy, or generally unpleasant, because she likes knowing that she spared someone else from having to do it.

She tends to be a bit emotional and, in particular, prone to getting teary, mostly due to always staying up late, getting up early, and being constantly tired.  She doesn't like it, especially when anyone reacts to what she's feeling, so she tries to hide it and always put on a pleasant, happy face.  She's fairly good at that--when she actually gets teary, she usually feels like breaking down sobbing for an hour--but people still occasionally try to be sympathetic to her, so she doesn't think she's good enough.  (Often, when people try to be sympathetic or encourage her to rest, she gets furious, which at least makes the tears stop, even if she has to fight herself down to a frown instead of yelling at people.)

Chavori also gets annoyed with herself for being upset in the first place--there's almost always no reason that she can see for her to be upset, or if there is it's very minor, and not worth wanting to sob for hours or scream at and hit people.  More reason why she needs to practice until she can control herself, she thinks; if her emotions are irrational and wrong, then they especially shouldn't be anyone else's problem.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS:
Mother: Rovoron
Father: Sichallis
Siblings: multiple, details TBA due to being wanteds
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: single
BIRTHPLACE: Southern Hold
FULL BACKSTORY:
Decades ago, before the world changed, Chavori's great-great grandfather was a holder who married for love.

It wasn't quite a scandal, but it attracted some disapproval, because his wife was a moderately talented weaver and daughter of a drudge--there was no political or economic or other benefit to the marriage, and she struggled to fit into her new station.  Even once she learned all the right manners, everyone around her remembered the embarrassing mistakes she used to make.

But she did learn how her new world worked eventually.  Her original plan to simply explain the negative effects that lord holders' actions had on their people would never work (except with her husband, and even then, only sometimes).  So she chose a different strategy.  She involved herself much more deeply in raising her children than was typical--sentiment, of course, and no one looked much further.  She then had free reign to raise her children with a powerful sense of obligation to their people and the world as a whole--much like dragonriders, who were tithed to only because it was absolutely necessary to enable them to protect all of Pern, so lord holders and their families had power only for the purpose of using it in service to their hold and the world.

The message was strong enough to be passed down further, though it changed a bit over the generations.  By the time Chavori was born, the world had changed and there were no more lord holders.  Her father had still been raised as the heir to a hold, and he took care to teach all his children the same thing he had been taught: that their family was special, perhaps not unique but quite rare, and it was their purpose to ensure that the people around them had the best life possible.  In the past, that had meant politics and preparing for future catastrophes; what it looked like now he was less sure, but that just meant that figuring that out was the first thing the whole family needed to do.

The most obvious thing, to Chavori, was to work: to clean and cook and mend and build, so that everyone else had to do a little less work, and got to live a little nicer life.  But it was only a little less work, a little more comfortable a place to live.  And not even really that, because there was always more work to be done: if Chavori took over chopping onions, that just meant someone did a different job, not that they got to rest.  It didn't feel like enough.

Chavori struggled for years with that, knowing that she wasn't doing enough, was being selfish and lazy or, at best, just inept.  But she didn't know what she could do that would be better.  A chore was a chore, and even if she tried to do all the least fun ones, there were still chores to do.  She wasn't making a difference.  The few things she could see that would--the leaders of the hold, who knew how to keep everyone alive and safe--she didn't have the skills or the knowledge, and couldn't think how she might learn, without selfishly giving up the work she already did.

The solution came in the form of a search dragon.  Very few people make a difference, but every dragon does, and therefore so does every rider.  Of course it was dangerous, but that was the point, that was what made it worth doing.  Clearly accepting the offer to be a candidate was the only thing worth doing with her life.

Her parents were not as enthusiastic--they wanted their children to be good and noble people who didn't abuse any power they might someday have.  They did not want their children to put themselves in harms' way.  But forbidding their children from being candidates would be too difficult to justify, so they had to settle for lukewarm approval and, secretly, trying to think of ways to convince Chavori that she is more needed in the Holds.  Since she has no unique skills, that's been difficult, and Chavori moved to the Weyr to be a candidate.

Last edited by Para on Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Para

nevermind, doesn't work under new rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: nevermind, doesn't work under new rules   nevermind, doesn't work under new rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 2:24 pm

Candidate Preferences Form

Candidate Preferred Colors: As it is she's given this very little thought. She might slightly favor green, as the traditional threadfighting force of the Weyr, but mostly just wants A Dragon. If she thought about it further, she'd prefer a fighting dragon, and not really want a queen. If she stays a candidate for a while, long enough to learn some Weyr culture and let the shine wear off enough that just being a dragonrider at all will no longer feel like she would be doing enough, she'd want a bronze so that she can someday be a wingleader and maybe even Weyrleader, because that would have to mean she's useful enough, right?
Player Preferred Colors: I have noooooo idea. This is a brand new character and I am making everything up as I go. Any color is fine, as is being left standing.
Queen Eligible: N/A
Personality Preferences and Concerns: Nope! As above, I have no preferences yet.
Mutation Eligible: Yes! Mutations are fun.
Anything You Absolutely Won’t Take? Nothing I can think of. I may update this form as I play her, but if so I'll let you know I have.
Back to top Go down

nevermind, doesn't work under new rules
Page 1 of 1