Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_vote_lcapM'avis of Gold Ticiath I_voting_barM'avis of Gold Ticiath I_vote_rcap 
CourtOfCats
M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_vote_lcapM'avis of Gold Ticiath I_voting_barM'avis of Gold Ticiath I_vote_rcap 
Tyto
Snarkosaurus
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

M'avis of Gold Ticiath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

M'avis of Gold Ticiath Empty
PostSubject: M'avis of Gold Ticiath   M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 7:45 pm

M'avis

M'avis of Gold Ticiath Movies-christina-ricci-as-morticia

"lyrics or quotes"

BASICS

NAME: M'avis; Matavis before eliding
NICKNAME(S): Mat, Matty, etc.
ORIENTATION: Heterosexual

BIRTHDATE: Autumn 2628
WING/SQUAD: Suneater

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Black
EYE COLOR: Brown
HEIGHT: 5' 10"
PLAY-BY: Christina Ricci
EXPY CLAIM: N/A
FULL APPEARANCE:
M'avis is a stately woman, standing at 5' 10" in height and possessing a lithe build. Hair dark as midnight frames her face in long waves, her eyes a rich brown color, set high on a narrow facem her skin as light as ivory. Regarding her wardrobe, she's often seen in riding leathers or a functional blouse and trousers, but she's not above a fine dress for a rare Gather.

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Determined, Dedicated, Aloof, Headstrong
FULL PERSONALITY:
M'avis is a woman who is willing to do what is necessary for a greater good, no matter how hard her choices end up being. Circumstance and time grant her wisdom and knowledge that life is rarely fair or understanding, that those who think it so will soon be crushed under reality's harsh weight, but not to permit it if she can't help it. Despite her serious and no-nonsense attitude, she cares deeply for those under her care, including her Weyr and her family and friends. Though she doesn't see them often, she loves her children dearly and hopes to make her world a better place for them to live in as they grow.

Though she rarely shows it under such a stoic and aloof exterior, M'avis is a very worried and often troubled woman. So much rests on her shoulders, alongside her other ranking dragonriders and wherhandlers, it's a burden she has yet to understand she can share. A very reserved and introverted sort, she rarely shares her inner thoughts unless she sees fit to do so, much to her detriment. In addition, she can be rather stubborn, headstrong, and set-in-her-ways. Once she decides a path, she'll rarely change her mind unless she's clearly shown she's wrong...and she hates error at her hands.

Ticiath is M'avis' closest friend and confidante both, knowing her deepest thoughts and feelings like no other, a special trust between them. Each serve as a perfect balance; where Ticiath is more motherly and open in her affections, very warm and caring, M'avis is more cautious and withdrawn, bringing a careful and shrewd eye to everything Ticiath engages. Even though they butt heads on occasion, they still love each other most dearly. As hard as it is to see, M'avis is also rather fond of her Junior, Fenix. Even so, she worries inwardly for him daily, how he manages in his position under such trying times, but knowing his Tsuneath, her Ticiath's daughter in every way, is there for him and serves as his perfect support, as Ticiath does for her.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS:
Parents - both dragonriders - both dead (Threadfall)
Siblings/Half-Siblings - multiple - open tie(s)!
Children - two - both living - open tie(s)!
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
BIRTHPLACE: Fort Weyr
FULL BACKSTORY:
Trigger Warning(s): Death
Matavis had a pretty typical pre-Fall upbringing, daughter to dragonriders in a bout of flightlust some time ago. Surrendered to Fort's creche for care, she was raised as most weyrbrats were, to honor and respect dragonkin, perhaps even to one day Stand as a Candidate. Needless to say, she wasn't a girl who was easily to deter once she'd decided on a goal, that goal being to Impress and fly as a dragonrider. Applying her focus to study and training was a simple enough thing, until she aged into Candidacy eligibility at 14 and began attending clutches.

Impressing a green was Matty's expectation, perhaps a blue if she was fortunate. But she could also Impress gold, though that was incredibly unlikely, given how rare such beasts were, not to mention how choosy each was known to be. Green was a much more attainable and reasonable goal, not to mention simpler in her future life as a dragonrider. Turns passed, seeing her Stand for clutch after clutch, still finding no success after watching countless dragons walk past. As she neared her twenty-fourth Turn, she had to worry about aging out, un-Impressed, left Standing evermore.

But it was not to be, for fate had other plans for her. A large egg rocked and split for quite some time before a gold stepped free, making her way to inspect her options. Other girl Candidates desperately tried to catch her eye, but she saw no one but Matavis in that crowd. Scolding her newly chosen human for considering that she wouldn't come for her, no matter how long it took, Ticiath introduced herself soundly before requesting being fed. Matavis took a moment to drink in every bit of her gold's beauty, to realize that Ticiath was a gold and she a gold's rider, before she did as she was bid as saw her fed.

Weyrlinghood was a rigorous thing, being trained in all a Weyrwoman was to know, from Threadighting to Weyr management to clutching behavior and everything in between. Though it was an ordeal and a half, Matavis was a learned and determined woman, devoting herself to her lessons yet again, to learn everything she needed to care for her Ticiath and do her duty to Pern. Graduation from weyrlinghood into her full duties felt like a relief and a splash of cold water at once, but both felt ready to face it.

Even Ticiath's maiden went well, no matter how ornery she was through it all. Though her first clutch was uneventful, it was her second that rattled Fort. A gold hatched, a daughter to carry on her legacy, a daughter she was so proud to call her own. But such happy times weren't to last, as Thread devastated wings all across Pern. As it all hope waned and things went bleak, Weyrs were scattering to merge into other Weyrs, until there was no choice left: retreat was inevitable. Matavis knew it wouldn't be easy, but she wasn't going to give up so easily...

But finding sanctuary had a great cost. In transit to distant Southern Continent, there were no other golds at Ticiath's fore and flank as everyone left in Fort emerged. Among those that were lost were Fort's senior and junior queens, Ticiath's mother and daughter, not even two Turns old at her passing. Ticiath was devastated, so much so not even Matavis could bring much comfort. Of few golds a newly-formed Final Weyr had, Ticiath was a depressed and withdrawn thing, her bonded a rare sight as she consoled her dragon.

But Matavis wouldn't be idle for long. Where Ticiath could spare her company, she established herself among Final's leaders, doing what she could and giving her support and input. It was a stressful thing, a strain she carries into today, but a necessity. It was a slow thing too, for Ticiath to shine again, to find her zest for life once more, but she soon introduced herself in proper fashion to her Weyr, taking to flight not long after. A successful, if turbulent, flight gave Final Weyr some hope, a clutch gracing untouched sands.

And from a particularly large egg emerged something special. A pale ivory-hued dragon hatched, but her arrival was heralded as though she were gold, Impressing shortly and cleanly. A new color had been born, later called pearl; she was held in high regard in Ticiath's eye, even Matavis fond of her and her bonded. But tragedy swept in once again, bringing Ticiath into mourning a second time, her pearl daughter lost. Matavis wondered if it would ever end, such a cycle of never-ending grief for her dragon, suffering to her Weyr.

Ticiath didn't rise again for some time, as though she were afraid to try again, stress driving her into fits at times. Matavis didn't push her, despite her worries for Final Weyr and how low a population she counted daily. But her gold rose once more after some time, laying a tiny clutch in comparison to what most would expect from a gold, but a clutch nonetheless. From it hatched a second pearl known today as Tsuneath, who Impressed to her Fenix, among other new and wondrous colors, such as jet and garnet. Ticiath welcomed her pearl daughter in such joy, though she would ever remember those she'd lost in her bonded's mind.

But she'd long since learned her lesson: she'd keep Tsuneath close and shield her from all harm.

Ever since, Matavis and Ticiath found themselves welcoming what little routine both could find in such troubled times, as well as welcoming new changes and additions to Tradition and previous customs. Matavis boldly elided her name to M'avis, following Traditional dragonrider fashion, though most would not see it right. But that was before Crisis had befallen them; let them argue her choice. Ticiath has since retired to rest and oversee her Weyr from comfort, there to welcome and guide everyone under her care.

It is M'avis' mission to see Final Weyr to prosperity or die trying, Fenix at her side as her junior, but his input of great value nonetheless. Together, all would survive, perhaps even thrive, one day...

Last edited by Agenothree on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:36 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

PostSubject: Re: M'avis of Gold Ticiath   M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 7:45 pm

UPDATES

• Nothing yet!

Last edited by Agenothree on Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

PostSubject: Re: M'avis of Gold Ticiath   M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 7:45 pm

Ticiath

M'avis of Gold Ticiath Ticiath

(Design credits go to Jabberwoky!)

NAME: Ticiath
BIRTHDATE: Autumn 2652

COLOR: Gold
HEX CODE: #E69638
HEIGHT: 24 ft.
LENGTH: 100 ft.
WINGSPAN: 120 ft.
MUTATIONS: N/A

APPEARANCE

Perhaps measuring among Pern's largest golds in a time where such things were recorded, Ticiath is a size that makes it almost impossible to miss her. But while she is large in size, she has oddly delicate-looking features, including dainty paws and a narrow muzzle, as well seeming almost slight in build. In appearance, she is as resplendent as befits her size. For her base color, she is a rich burnished gold, lighter along her belly and tail, almost rose gold across her wings, a darker Traditional gold painting her lower legs and paws. Like a mystical moth or mythical bird, broad swathes of bright gold run down her wings.

PERSONALITY

Ticiath is a rather warm and gentle-natured queen at heart, welcoming all who need help to come to her. Turns of seeing such tragedy and suffering has made her more reserved and mellow than she was in her youth, but while she's seen troubled days, she has not let that completely tarnish how she shines; she would evermore be a beacon that lights a way for her Weyr. Though she's remarkably tolerant and willing to prioritize matters of importance above her own feelings, Ticiath is still a queen; while met politely, golds and pearls that are not her own blood are not usually welcome to stay long-term, in her eyes. There is nothing more important to Ticiath than her family. In addition to seeing her Weyr and its inhabitants as her chief responsibility and her family to a degree, her bonded and blood relations hold a critical place to her. After losing her mother and both her queen daughters in such a short span, she has grown incredibly protective of those she has left to her, especially Tsuneath. Should she identify a threat to those she loves, there is no curbing her wrath. Those who lie to her or her charges are especially distasteful and will not be tolerated.

Ticiath is a close friend and confidante to M'avis. After Turns together through good times and bad, they share an incredibly strong bond, often knowing what each thinks before a thought is finished forming. Even so, she respects her human's need for personal space and her own thoughts. Often much more approachable than M'avis, Ticiath is as much a commanding force as her Weyrwoman, perhaps more in some regard. While she is capable of subtlety and applies her immense intelligence thoroughly to her every task, she has taken up a different role, focusing more on establishing good relations and strengthening bonds within her Weyr; she knows that we cannot afford to be divided now. Ticiath is especially fond of M'avis' two children, doting on them like a loving aunt; she's often seen carrying them for short flights if such a mood strikes her. In addition, she also loves music and can be a very affectionate and loving dragon; even a temporary mate will be shown great fondness and her attentiveness will be for them.

VOICE

Ticiath's voice is rich and full of inflection, though breathy and soft more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M'avis of Gold Ticiath   M'avis of Gold Ticiath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M'avis of Gold Ticiath
Page 1 of 1