Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Candidate Shouto

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Starisia

Starisia

Candidate Shouto Empty
PostSubject: Candidate Shouto   Candidate Shouto I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 4:32 am

Shouto

Candidate Shouto Image

"I won't be, no I won't be like you."

BASICS

NAME: Shouto
NICKNAME(S):
ORIENTATION: Demi-sexual

BIRTHDATE: Winter 2662
WING/SQUAD: N/A

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Black on the left, white on the right due to vitligio.
EYE COLOR: Turquoise blue (left), Gray (Right)
HEIGHT: 5'9
PLAY-BY: Shouto Todoroki (My hero Academia)
EXPY CLAIM: Shouto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)
FULL APPEARANCE:
Shouto is a young man of average height with a slim, athletic build, and fair skin. Where most of the men in his family got his father's sharp features, there's little denying Shouto took after his mother with his softer features. Born with heterochromia, Shouto's left eye is turquoise blue while the right is a dark gray. When he was a child, his hair was solid black, but as he grew older, it the right side began to turn white, something that caused more than a little concern in his parents. It was quickly discovered that he was fine, the change caused by vitligo, an otherwise harmless condition that attacks pigmentation, bleaching skin and hair as a result. It's expected that as he gets older, his hair will eventually turn fully white, but at present it's only the right half and his eyebrow on the right side. Due to an incident when he was a child, he also has a fairly large scar surrounding his left eye.

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Aloof, intelligent, naive, stubborn, kind-hearted, protective.
FULL PERSONALITY: Shouto is a very calm, quiet, aloof individual. While observant and skilled when it comes to strategy, the same can’t be said for the art of socialization. Blunt to a fault, it isn’t uncommon for things to simply fall from his tongue in a manner that can be considered rude and sometimes condescending, though this is rarely, if ever, his intent. He simply isn’t always aware of how some things can be taken. It also isn’t uncommon for him to take things literally even if it should be an obvious joke.
While not necessarily having a short temper, he isn’t particularly hard to anger either if one knows the right buttons to press or threatens to harm something precious to him. In such a situation, his rage and protectiveness are a force to be trifled with.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS:
Mother (Alive)
Father (Alive)
Touya-Oldest Brother (Alive)
Older Sister (Alive)
Older Brother (Alive)
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
BIRTHPLACE: Jungle Hold
FULL BACKSTORY: (Warning for a burn accident)
Born four turns after the destructive Threadfall, Shouto never knew the world before the migration. The thought alone that there was a time where there were more than two holds, more than one Weyr, and things like Colholds is nothing short of bizarre to think about, if he’s honest. The world before and the threadfall that destroyed it all… it all sounds like some sort of story
It never helped that he’d heard it so many times, he’d been desensitized to much of the previous generations’ plight.
Shouto has spent much of his life hearing about his family’s lost legacy, how had that threadfall never happened, they would be at the head of two Coltholds that had been united into one by marriage.
His father was always an ambitious man, and he expected his children to help to further those ambitions. Originally it had been Shouto’s oldest brother, Touya, that had gotten the brunt of their father’s expectations, but when Shouto was four turns old, Touya disappeared, and their father’s eyes eventually landed on Shouto. As a result, Shouto was never allowed to spend much time around other children in the hold aside from his brother and sister.
For the most part, he lived up to his expectations, devoting himself to his studies however he demanded... at least when the man was around. In his father's eyes, there was no room for fun and games, even with his siblings, but there was little he could say or do about it when he was away.
His siblings and mother would always makes sure he had the chance to breathe when his father was away, playing games with him or telling him stories. When he was eight turns, an accident happened while he was playing with his siblings near dinner time.
While being chased by his brother, he ran to the kitchen and bumped into his mother who was moving a pot of stock she'd had boiling. The impact caused her to spill a fair deal of the stock, the scalding liquid unfortunately landing on Shouto's face-specifically around his eye.
The injury was severe, and while it ultimately healed, it left a large scar in its wake and Shouto's sight in that eye was permanently damaged, leaving him unable to see much more than movement out of that eye, but he's since adjusted well.
From soon after the incident, his lessons were largely carried out by an independent Harper his father hand selected. It wasn’t until he was twelve that he made what he supposed could be considered his first real ‘friend’, the son of a Master Tailor that had just moved to the hold-Katsuki.
While things were a bit rocky at first due to Shouto’s quieter, more aloof nature and Katsuki’s ‘grouchiness’ the two eventually grew fairly close.
When Katsuki was Searched, there was little denying it was bitter sweet. As happy as he was for his friend, he was going to miss him dearly, even if they wrote to one another. Shouto knew well he may not see him again, and if he did, it may not be for some years.
On one of Katsuki’s last days at the hold, they ventured out to the beach and happened across a firelizard nest. While it wasn’t the first time they had, it was the first time they disturbed one, hoping they may help them to stay in touch.
They got one egg before being attacked by the angry mother, which Katsuki gave to Shouto. The pearl that hatched from it became his constant companion the next couple of years. While it was never a replacement for the friend he eventually lost touch with, the connection she has to him still holds a special place in his heart-especially since Shouto had all but given up on the possibility of seeing him again.
As much as his father hoped for it, Shouto never expected he would also be searched and taken to the Weyr.

Candidate Preferences Form

Candidate Preferred Colors: Anything but a clutching female. He wouldn't want the attention or potential pressure that comes with them.
Player Preferred Colors: Gold, pearl, garnet, bronze, or blue.
Queen Eligible: Absolutely
Personality Preferences and Concerns: Nothing to abrasive, harsh, or judgmental. Preferably something gentle. Timid or meek would be fine, he'd just be awkward with them which is a-okay with me.
Mutation Eligible: Sure!
Anything You Absolutely Won’t Take? Can't think of anything for him, though he's not really intended for the first hatching unless there's an absolutely phenomenal match for him.

Vitali

Color: Pearl (From token)
Species: Firelizard

Personality

Vitali walks a very fine line between clingy and independent that even Shouto has a hard time figuring out. She's extremely cuddly and affectionate towards Shouto and anyone he likes. Her favorite place seems to be perched on Shouto's shoulders or in his lap, though if she's not there it's hard to say just where she will be. She's inquisitive to a fault and when wanderlust gets the better of her, it's usually a headache waiting to happen for Shouto. Thankfully she has begun to grow out of it, or so Shouto thought, but that was before coming to the Weyr where everything was new.
The one person Shouto has ever had genuine vitriol towards was his father, and he learned quickly that if Vitali sensed his dislike for someone, odds are she'd be going for their ankles at some point-or fingers if they made the mistake of even trying to touch her.
She also has a bit of a mischievous side that Shouto hasn't quite tried to tame. More than once after bickering with him, his siblings have had things disappear or had to chase her around as she played keep away with something she knew would inconvenience them until Shouto made her give it back.

Appearance

Vitali is an average sized pearl firelizard with a fairly slim build (unfortunately) perfect for getting into things and places. Her coloring is an almost even split of pale pink and iridescent white in splotches that aren't unlike the pattern on a Pinto.

Candidate Shouto Tyto_pearl_flit
Art Credit-Coppertucker/Jabberwoky of TPA  
Lines by Kaiserflames/Alyssa McCarthy

Back to top Go down

Candidate Shouto
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Character Creation :: Accepted Applications :: Candidates-
Jump to: