Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_vote_lcapRowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_voting_barRowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_vote_rcap 
CourtOfCats
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_vote_lcapRowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_voting_barRowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_vote_rcap 
Tyto
Snarkosaurus
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redwerecat

redwerecat

Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath Empty
PostSubject: Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath   Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 8:13 am

ROWEN

Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath 0c7363f6-7541-40ad-8ef1-0ed96a4a0de3

"I don't need you to tell me who I am."

BASICS

NAME: Rowen
NICKNAME(S): Ro
ORIENTATION: Bisexual

BIRTHDATE: 2649, Summer
WING/SQUAD: Stormchaser

APPEARANCE

HAIR: COLOR: Red
EYE COLOR: Gold-Hazel
HEIGHT: 5'6"
PLAY-BY: Elizabeth Olsen
EXPY CLAIM: Wanda Maximoff

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Caring, Hot-tempered, Watchful, Possessive, Calm, Cutthroat
FULL PERSONALITY:
Rowen is a nice person, but she didn't impress the notoriously snippy Hexeviath for no reason. The woman is a firecracker and hot tempered as hell, and while she remains calm and cool when angered, her emotions flare easily. She's not one for rash judgement of other people, but she makes snap decisions in the heat of things, and may choose based on emotion over logic. She's especially protective and possessive over her brothers, and will do anything for either of them. Hexeviath chose her for her ability to stand strong under pressure, and her willingness to do what needed to be done at any cost.

She's not one you want to cross in a fight, cutthroat and ruthless when it comes to taking down the people in her way, either with words or violence, though she comes across on the surface as demure and calm, perhaps even a little shy or sweet. But do not be mistaken, for all her soft edges, underneath lies a core of steel. She is strong and it takes something major to break her, even for all she's suffered in the past. The loss of her greenrider partner has made her vastly more withdrawn and temperamental, even going so far as to snap and scream at her brothers, who try only to keep her together.

Rowen used to be a sweet, kindhearted woman, even despite her many flaws, she was a good person. Now she is bitter and somewhat cold, shutting out a lot of the more important people in her world, and allowing her anger and grief to consume her. She is observant as hell, and knows how to find a weakness in others and exploit it, and though she does not seem to be the canny or wicked type, she is also, under no circumstances, to be crossed. She will not hesitate to take an opponent out, and despite her slight frame, she is MORE than capable of handling herself physically.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS: T'rai of Blue Mercuriath - Triplet Brother
R'nae of Jet Cthontath - Triplet Brother
V'son of Green Synozath (Deceased) - Partner
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single, Mourning
BIRTHPLACE: Northern Pern, High Reaches Area
FULL BACKSTORY:

Born in the North to loving, if poor parents, The triplets long knew poverty. They were not beholden to any Hold, and often wandered place to place seeking shelter from thread, and with three young children in Tow, they finally settled in the High Reaches area in a small mining Hold. The triplets were put to work almost immediately, on small child-appropriate tasks, but they did not have a carefree life of play.

Early on, Torai and Rannae were picked as messengers and runners, while Rowen was slightly more sedate, with less energy to burn off. She was tapped as a weaver for her deft fingers and skilled hands, and the three settled into what they bthought would be craft internships.

And then things started to go to shit.

Their family moved Southward after losing their father to the Mines, a cave in taking his life.

The triplets, then nine, moved South again with their little band of miners after losing their mother to an attack by felines that thinned out the group in the night.

And South again, when things got really dark.

Finally they found themselves at the last Weyr in the South, haggard and exhausted by their journey, and nearly in a state of collapse as their ship made it to port. A kindly rider took them to the Weyr and gave them food, and they realized how caring the riders really were. They'd been fed on stroies of cruel despots who were too weak to protect them, but as they stayed at the weyr, they learned the truth- they were just human beings, trying their best to do what was right.

The triplets became candidates, and in their nineteenth winter, they impressed. Each and every one of them.

A garnet chose Rowen, Hexeviath claiming her. They would grow to become a competent and dangerous pair, but gentle at heart, loving, sweet, and kind. Eventually Hexeviath had her first flight, and against all odds, she chose not a male, but a green to win her flight, and Rowen fell in with the greenrider, V'spn. Synozath, his green, and Hexeviath were lovely together, and the green's sweet and chipper temper soothed the Garnet's foul temper. Rowen was in love with the man, and she thought she saw herself weyrmating him. They had plans for a ceremony and everything, fully pushed on by her brothers and V'son's family.

And then V'son caught sick, passing from firehead fever after weeks of healer treatment, and his last words to Rowen were to protect Pern, and that he wasn't scared. Synozath's keening cry of loss lasted just a moment before she too vanished, and Rowen and Hexeviath were left alone and in mourning. Though he passed roughly half a turn past, she's still not over it, and it has changed her for the worse.

Last edited by redwerecat on Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
redwerecat

redwerecat

Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath   Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2023 8:32 am

HEXEVIATH
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath Hex_size

Color: Garnet
Birth Turn 2668

Hex Code: #a1143c
Height: 16 ft
Length: 70 ft
Wingspan: 85 Ft
Mutations: N/A

Personality
Hex is NOT a kind soul, she is hurt at the loss of her mate and was hardly a sweet charming garnet to begin with. She's snappish and cruel, willing to do anything it takes to keep the rest of her 'family' safe. She is eager to fight thread and finally have some way to burn off her feelings with fire. She is a distant and begrudging clutchparent, ignoring her offspring as much as she can and barely doing the minimum for her eggs. Rowen usually lets other dragons take care of her clutches.

Appearance
A middling shade of garnet, she is a bright reddish coral with pink under her wings and deep crimson striping across her body, and a pale baby-pink pied race.
Back to top Go down

Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath
Page 1 of 1