Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
A day of love I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
A day of love I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
A day of love I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
A day of love I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
A day of love I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
A day of love I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
A day of love I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
A day of love I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
A day of love I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
CourtOfCats
A day of love I_vote_lcapA day of love I_voting_barA day of love I_vote_rcap 
Kitarial
Tyto
Snarkosaurus
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

A day of love

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

A day of love Empty
PostSubject: A day of love   A day of love I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 5:30 pm

Upon returning to the barracks after going about her day, Plover would enter her space to see a single purple Firelizard egg set gently in the middle of her bed, a small bowl of sand helping to keep it warm. The note, next to the bowl, read only: ”From a Secret Admirer”
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com
Ilauria

Ilauria

A day of love Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day of love   A day of love I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 5:40 pm

Plover was tired more often than not these days - despite being told over and over, and seeing others go through it, it never really had clicked just how much work it was to rear and raise a hatchling dragon. Moruth needed all of her time and attention, and she shared in her bonded's emotions and needs, feeling every itch and ache as well as delight and surprise in the world around them. That said, it was wholly exhausting, and the pair had planned for something of a small nap in one of their brief windows of daytime freedom.

What's that? An egg? Moruth was the one to spot it first, padding over to the cot beside her assigned stone couch and nosing towards the bowl of heated sand. It's warm. Oh! And moving! The blue flinched her head back as the egg gave a brief tremble, whirling brightly curious blue-green eyes. Why is it here? I didn't know you could clutch, my Plover... The blue shook her head, too young and unable to quite grasp just how silly a thing that was to say.

Plover meanwhile had frowned, and ducking forward snatched up the note beside the bowl. "I didn't lay it... and I don't know who left it. It just says it's from 'a secret admirer'." She turned the scrap of paper around, eyeing the blank side, then flipped it back around. She didn't think she recognized the handwriting... It was a bit odd, really, to know someone out there might be... admiring her? Hmph. She certainly didn't have time now for a beau. Moruth had to come first! But neither could she re-gift the egg, as it seemed ready to hatch imminently, no time to find another more suitable person to hand it to. Why not keep it? I have seen others of our little cousins around before. They are small and sweet! It can be mine, Mine, right? The blue nosed closer again, shuffling and humming softly, amused at the idea.

Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

A day of love Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day of love   A day of love I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 29, 2024 1:16 pm

It did not take long for the delicate egg to shake apart under the watchful eyes of Plover and Moruth, a firelizard blinking her eyes in the wreckage of the eggshells. A garnet!

A day of love BFVPbWJ
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

A day of love Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day of love   A day of love I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A day of love
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Final Weyr :: Weyrcaves :: Weyrling Barracks-
Jump to: