Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Plover of Blue Moruth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ilauria

Ilauria

Plover of Blue Moruth Empty
PostSubject: Plover of Blue Moruth   Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2023 3:39 pm

PLOVER

Plover of Blue Moruth OntYExZ

"lyrics or quotes"

BASICS

NAME: Plover
NICKNAME(S): N/A
ORIENTATION: Heterosexual Demiromantic

BIRTHDATE: Summer 2651
WING/SQUAD: Weyrling

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Dark brown
HEIGHT: 5’10”
PLAY-BY: Picrew by @k_pupu
EXPY CLAIM: N/A

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Determined, loyal, tenacious, hard-working | Plain-spoken, reserved, austere, political, militant | Stubborn, harsh, judgmental, implacable.
FULL PERSONALITY: Plover is a serious young woman, who takes her work very seriously and expects those around her to do the same. She is sure that the ends justify the means, and will do anything it takes to get what she wants and do what she wants. Thankfully what she wants is the survival of Pern, and she will gladly give limb or life to see that happen. No task is too menial, no effort too great. Of course, when those around her fail to live up to her self-imposed standards, she is as harsh in her criticism as she is keen at her labors. Those who fool around or play at being a hero with no real steel in their spine aren’t worth the sand they’re trying to stand on, if you ask her. She has no care for finery or luxuries, and is plain in her dress and speech. Enough to survive is all she would ever ask, because she understands that Pern has precious little left to go around as is.

BACKSTORY
Trigger Warning(s): Death of family

RELATIONS: All deceased in the great threadfall and turn immediately following.
-Verton, Lord Holder of Telgar
-Ploena, Lady Holder of Telgar
-Tonna, elder sister
-Verton, elder brother
-Ertena, elder sister

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single
BIRTHPLACE: Telgar Hold
FULL BACKSTORY: Born the youngest of four to the Lord and Lady of Telgar, Plover was the third and final daughter. Raised in luxury and plenty, her only lot in life was to study and prepare to marry whomever her parents picked for her and further expand the influence of their line. As youngest child and third daughter, she was least valuable… but also least minded, least-expected-of. While her elder sisters focused on ladylike pursuits, she quietly expanded her skillset through small adventures and mischief.

On one such escapade she learned the truth of what was happening, or about to happen. Sneaking outside her father’s rooms one evening, and overhearing news of catastrophe at Benden by thread… Her young life grew chaotic after that as the Weyrs and Holds scrambled to protect themselves, and failed. The terror of life at that time stripped her of much of her childish ways, and when word came that too many dragons had been lost, that all they could do was flee or else wait to die, she was ready. Ready to pack up all she could carry and go south.

Except. Her family refused to go. They, her lord father insisted, were Telgar. And Telgar would not leave this place.

Stunned that her father would essentially condemn them all to die, either in agony under thread or by slow starvation, Plover did the worst thing she had ever had to do, or ever would do in all her days. She betrayed her family—and left them there, in their gutted and failing Hold—and with the help of a nanny-maid who could not bare to leave the youngster to perish, escaped to the nearest Weyr and caught one of the last dragons south with only the clothes on her back and a small parcel of essentials between them. No more Hold, no more title, no more arranged marriage… and no more family. She gave up everything for the chance to live, and in living, repay the debt of what was given up.

It would be six turns before she was old enough to stand to impress… she worked her fingers to the bone at any task she could in those turns. She had no formal craft training, and lady holder lessons were more or less useless now—but she was young and determined, and bent herself to any work allowed without hesitation. When at last her turn to stand came, she gave that her all too. It did not pan out, but she kept at it all the same, for over a decade until now, seeing clutch after clutch pass her by in patient, determined silence.

Last edited by Ilauria on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ilauria

Ilauria

Plover of Blue Moruth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plover of Blue Moruth   Plover of Blue Moruth I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 12:02 pm

Blue Moruth

Plover of Blue Moruth SWCkT0e

Color: Blue
Birth Turn: 2678
Hex Code: #4063BF
Height: 13ft
Length: 56ft
Wingspan: 70ft
Mutations: Gender (Female Blue), Shiny

Personality
Moruth is a bit of an odd one. While she’s fully capable of being serious and doing her duties, she also has a mischievous streak about a mile wide. Most of this is directed at her siblings, but her rider may also find themselves on the wrong end of this prankster side on occasion. She will help her rider with their goals, and she will take that seriously, but she will also encourage them to take a step back and have some fun every once and a while.

She’s got a ton of energy, and while she doesn’t necessarily have the stamina to back it up, she’s always ready to get a move on. Staying still doesn’t come super naturally to her, and she’ll always have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. Resting is an afterthought at best, and her rider will have their hands full trying to get her to stay still after any threadfall injuries. She’s not dead or dying, and she can move, so surely it’s fine to keep playing or doing her duties, right?

Appearance
While somewhat short for a blue, Moruth is rather on the lanky and long side, with very large wings and a longer than average for her height body. Even as a hatchling this is noticeable, and only gets more pronounced with age. There is something graceful about her build, all long lines and feline-ish elegance.

Despite the beauty of Moruth’s build, her markings are a bit strange. Her base hide is a dark blue, with small lovely swirls of a more teal shade. However, she has odd swirls and lines of black marking her hide, and these are asymmetrical at best. Only her face is spared the asymmetrical markings, with both sides of her face sporting lines somewhat reminiscent of a cat’s whiskers.

Why Me?
Plover has ambitions, and that’s not a bad thing. Moruth will support her all way, but sometimes it’s good to have a little fun, too! I think Moruth will help make sure Plover isn’t always all work.

Back to top Go down

Plover of Blue Moruth
Page 1 of 1