Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Reno ??????? (Candidate)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redwerecat

redwerecat

Reno ??????? (Candidate) Empty
PostSubject: Reno ??????? (Candidate)   Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 4:10 pm

RENO

Reno ??????? (Candidate) Rsz_1000

"A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool."

BASICS

NAME: Reno
NICKNAME(S): None
ORIENTATION: ??????????????? Your guess is as good as his

BIRTHDATE: Autumn 2650
WING/SQUAD: N/A

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Brightass Red
EYE COLOR: Blue-green
HEIGHT: 5'10
PLAY-BY: N/A
EXPY CLAIM: Reno (FF7)

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS: Rude, Crass, Curious, Catlike, Annoying, Obnoxious, Cleverer than he pretends to be, Obsessive, Loud
FULL PERSONALITY:

Reno is....annoying as all get-out. He seems to make an EFFORT to be so crass and crude to his fellows that they sometimes actively try to get rid of him, and he's obnoxious, loud, and a whole lotta mean when he wants to be. He's strong and healthy, and thus a perfect candidate, but attitude wise? He's DEFINITELY going to cause chaos for his future wing or squad, assuming this jackhole ever impresses. (He seems to be sure he's so annoying no dragon will want him, but ...time shall tell.) He's big on rules, and breaking those rules, and creating interesting loopholes to those rules. He likes order, but survives in a state of perpetual chaos, usually reigned in by a partner or associate to complement his wild ways.

He's not cruel as a rule, but he can be cold, calculating, and sharp when pressed, and when he's given a task, he completes it or dies. He takes his responsibilities quite seriously, and his job is his life at the moment, even if recently derailed by a damnable dragon. He would do anything for his boss or co-workers (including, now, the other candidates) and would die for them. Or, more likely, kill for them. He is deadly good with weapons, though he has favorites in a long baton and knives. His training as a guard was not wasted, and he's fast, skilled, deadly, and, to everyone's apparent surprise, serious and committed to his work. He gets the job done,. That's why he gets paid. He's an idiot on the outside, but underneath lurks a very clever, cunning man, with endless spirit and a cold streak that sends chills down the spines of those who witness it.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS: Classified
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Classified
BIRTHPLACE: Bitra
FULL BACKSTORY:

Reno was born and promptly abandoned. He often jokes he could be a Lord Holder for all he knows, but the truth is, he hasn't the faintest idea. He was left on the steps of a creche orphanage shortly after he was born, and grew up parentless under the care of the crecheworkers at Bitra, which is to say, kind of shittily. He was often bullied or pushed around, a small, scrawny kid with uneven growth spurts who looked like a wet rat most of the time. He has always had a strong sense of duty and protective instincts, however, despite his reflexive instincts to annoy others, and he began, very early on, to take on an obnoxious and loud attitude to distract the bullies to him, rather than let them pick on smaller and weaker kids.

He was eight when the weyrs fell, when the threadfall came and decimated the world. Not yet old enough to understand, fully, but old enough to be afraid. If something could kill dragons, could end their reign as protectors and defenders, then...what was out there? What was the point of it all? He developed a bit of a nihilistic side, a nothing-matters-so-fuck-it kind of attitude after that, after seeing the way the world changed around him. He watched at Bitra fell in status and power, some trying helplessly to claim their hold on the world, but...when the first golds started to go between out of stress, Reno knew something was wrong. As the weyrs fell, his childhood dreams of being a rider died too, and he became almost angry at the riders for not being able to save the world, save themselves. And as his own world crumbled around him, he just... gave in. Maybe the world wasn't worth saving. Sure, there were still people out there trying, but he would never be one of them. New colors cropped up, new mutations, new everything, and Reno stayed the same as he ever was. Wasn't worth hoping just to be beaten down again.

As he grew, he got GOOD at fighting dirty and kicking people's asses for messing with him, and he sort of became a de-facto protector of littles in the orphanage, a sharp thrown elbow bitemark on an arm making sure Reno left his mark and made them less likely to come after others. Of course, this was to end quite early on, at fifteen thrown out to 'make his way' (or rather to not have to feed another mouth anymore) and tossed on his ass with a spare set of clothes and a half mark to his name. He wandered for a while, picking up little jobs here and there, a jack of all trades in a way, but he never settled at anything, despite being smart enough to be a harper, or fast and crafty enough with his hands to pick up a trade. He settled on pickpocketing for a long time, petty theft and thievery getting him by; he even was roped into a small gang of equally destitute criminals as a teen, gaining his facial scars as an initiation rite.

But his luck was not bulletproof, and he was tasked on a mark one day that backfired on him. A rich Goldhandler caught him, and neatly broke his hand for daring to steal from him- but something kept the man from simply having Reno arrested. He took the lanky teen with him, and enrolled him in a guard program at Bitra when Reno was sixteen, training the redhead to be a deadly killer and a loyal servant to the Handler himself. He was given a place to focus himself, and he thrived. He was promoted to a special servant of the handler's son, an elite guard unit to help protect the young man and keep him from getting offed. He was even given a firelizard egg, hatching a blue that he used to keep in touch with his crew and Rufus himself. He named the flitter 'Rude' after his stoic partner in crime.

Of course, Rufus was not exactly easy to be around, and he hated his father. So when Rufus planned to murder his father and take his spot as next in line to bond his father's wher and usurp his brothers, well. Reno was only eager to help; turns out he was INCREDIBLY loyal to the first hand that treated him kindly, and with some respect, and while one could argue that had been Rufus' father...well. He still had aches in his hand in cold weather from that initial break, and more. Rufus' father was a cruel and demanding master, and so Reno allied himself with Rufus and the others assigned to protect him. As time went on more and more servants and elite guards were hired on to Rufus' service, almost all loyal.

Of course, it was not to last. Rufus' father caught on, and in a fit of pique, sent his son and his retainers away to the Weyr, demanding Rufus come back with a gold wher to sell eggs by, or be banished forever, and of course, his guard contingent went with him. Reno, on arrival, was practically tackled by an over-eager green, who demanded he become a candidate, and along with Rufus, he was kind of backed into a corner to agree. At the very least, he can still protect Rufus. And he doesn't think he'll ACTUALLY impress... though some tiny part of him still is that child who dreamed of being a dragonrider.

Last edited by redwerecat on Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
redwerecat

redwerecat

PostSubject: Re: Reno ??????? (Candidate)   Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 3:44 pm

RUDE
Reno ??????? (Candidate) Rsz_rude

Color: Blue
Species: Firelizard

Personality

Stoic, calm, unflappable. Likes the ladies, but is deeply shy. Sighs at Reno often. Rude is the opposite of his name, a sweet and kind little fellow who likes Reno to be calm, and the blue startles easily when Reno does something stupid. The poor flitt lives in a perpetual heart attack, often wondering what hare-brained stunt his human will pull next. He wishes Reno would chill out some, and has a huge shyness problem, often hiding in Reno's hair to avoid being seen by others.

Appearance

Art forthcoming

A deep blue with a pale piebald face, he's stock and broad, with short almost non existent ridges and a thick tail he uses to swat people with. He's got a lot more muscle to him than your typical blue, but still well and sleek like many. He's got short, rounded headknobs and a heady set of brow ridges, and an odd marking around his eyes in deep navy, almost like the sunglasses the human Rude wears. Reno thinks he's hilarious.

Candidates

Riders
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath
T'rai of Blue Mercuriath
R'nae of Jet Cthontath

Handlers

Last edited by redwerecat on Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
redwerecat

redwerecat

PostSubject: Re: Reno ??????? (Candidate)   Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 3:50 pm

Candidate Preferences Form

Candidate Preferred Colors: Nothing- Reno FULLY believes the dragon was mistaken in searching him. He doesn't even entertain the thought.
Player Preferred Colors: ANY - legit anything, I have zero preferences.
Queen Eligible: No
Personality Preferences and Concerns: I'd lean mostly into a chaos gremlin like himself, or POSSIBLY an opposite partner, one capable of balancing him out, but I'm not sold on either.
Mutation Eligible: YES LOVE MUTATIONS
Anything You Absolutely Won’t Take? Nothing! All dragons are good dragons

Candidates

Riders
Rowen of Garnet Hexeviath
T'rai of Blue Mercuriath
R'nae of Jet Cthontath

Handlers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reno ??????? (Candidate)   Reno ??????? (Candidate) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reno ??????? (Candidate)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Archives :: Character Archives-
Jump to: