Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Candidate Riku

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NatsumiHare

NatsumiHare

Candidate Riku Empty
PostSubject: Candidate Riku   Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 1:36 am

RIKU

Candidate Riku HDlCdP4

"It's only a pyramid scheme if the feds catch you." -Riku, probably

BASICS

NAME: Riku
NICKNAME(S): Bitchface
ORIENTATION: Bisexual

BIRTHDATE: Summer 2751
WING/SQUAD: N/A

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Grey
EYE COLOR: Aquamarine
HEIGHT: 5'10
PLAY-BY: Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
EXPY CLAIM: Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
FULL APPEARANCE:

Riku is a tall young man with a lean build. He keeps his (much to his chagrin) grey hair on the shorter side, though he has been known to grow it out to his upper back depending on his mood. His aquamarine eyes are bright and eye-catching, to the point where if he had a mark for every compliment he got he'd be the richest man on Pern (self proclaimed). He likes to dress according to current trends, but defers to comfortable clothing for lessons or chores.

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY TRAITS:
Intelligent, mature, proud, insecure, protective, sarcastic, playful
FULL PERSONALITY:

Riku is a calm and confident young man seemingly mature beyond his years. Often the go to for reassurance, he is ready and willing to take the lead when needed, though he may defer to those older than himself who he respects. He doesn't give respect lightly; it must be earned and given in kind, no matter who they are. He doesn't just push boundaries, he drop kicks them into space (usually for a good reason) and worries about the consequences later. Rank and trust are two completely different things and a shiny dragon hide doesn't make one automatically deserving of his loyalty.

Not content with a narrow world view, Riku is always looking ahead, wanting to see what is beyond the weyr, or even beyond Pern. While not realistic, his desire for knowledge leads him to learning everything he can from what texts remain, the teaching songs, and even old wives' tales. He consumes knowledge like a sponge and is both a reliable source of knowledge and a receptacle for useless trivia.

He has a hard time balancing self-reliance with asking for help, finding reconciling the two a herculean task. He knows he's not perfect and that it's okay to work with others, but he worries that a day may come when there is no help and he must do everything on his own. That said, he'll never refuse assistance when warranted, though he doesn't tolerate 'mansplainers' or those who treat him with condescension.

Despite his maturity, Riku retains a some childlike playfulness that he won't hide, often teasing and pranking his friends at their expense. He knows where the line between fun and cruelty is, however, and refuses to cross it. He loves his friends fiercely, sometimes to an unhealthy degree, where that devotion turns to jealousy born from insecurity. He may begin to doubt his friends' love for him, and it is a fight he constantly wages in his mind. Realistically, he knows that he can't be their only friend, and that doesn't automatically mean they don't love him, but the seed of doubt lingers. He pushes though, though, refusing to let the brain goblins push his friends away.

BACKSTORY

RELATIONS:
Mother: Unnamed Rider
Father: Unnamed Rider
Reluctant Older Brother Figure: Sephiroth
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Sora and Kairi, probably
BIRTHPLACE: Final Weyr
FULL BACKSTORY:

Having been born after the dramatic Threadfall that changed everything, Riku's childhood was fairly standard. He was dropped off in the creche as an infant and never knew his parents. This bothered him quite a bit as a child, though such feelings faded over time; he wasn't the only one without parents, so to speak, and they were taken care of in the creche, so he let this worry go. There were a million other things to worry about, like friends and chores and sneaking snacks from the kitchen. However, as a child, he was much more prone to trusting those of authority, typically older children. This caused him to fall into many a trap and become the scapegoat for one scheme or another much to his eternal shame and embarrassment.

This changed when he met Sephiroth. Despite his vow to never blindly follow others again, at ten turns he was fascinated with the older teen. Why? "We have the same hair," he'd said, facing the wherhandler with a determination born from the knowledge that having a similar hair color had to mean something. While it was most likely a coincidence and definitely an annoyance, Sephiroth ended up with Riku for a shadow, too nice to tell the kid off. It wasn't such a bad thing, as with a halfway decent role model, Riku matured quickly and learned to stand up for himself, the others, rolling straight into candidacy with the confidence of knowing he would Impress one day. Or else. What, that 'else' was, he'd cross that bridge if he came to it.

Back to top Go down
NatsumiHare

NatsumiHare

Candidate Riku Empty
PostSubject: Re: Candidate Riku   Candidate Riku I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 1:39 am

Candidate Preferences Form

Candidate Preferred Colors: Any
Player Preferred Colors: Any
Queen Eligible: Yes
Personality Preferences and Concerns: Nothing super timid, but otherwise have at it.
Mutation Eligible: Yes, nothing crippling to an extreme degree.

Back to top Go down

Candidate Riku
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Archives :: Character Archives-
Jump to: