Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_vote_lcapPetal-Nestled [Star] I_voting_barPetal-Nestled [Star] I_vote_rcap 
CourtOfCats
Petal-Nestled [Star] I_vote_lcapPetal-Nestled [Star] I_voting_barPetal-Nestled [Star] I_vote_rcap 
Snarkosaurus
Tyto
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Petal-Nestled [Star]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

Petal-Nestled [Star] Empty
PostSubject: Petal-Nestled [Star]   Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Keigo would find a surprise while walking in Final Weyr's meager, but growing, gardens. There, hiding among some leaves and undergrowth, was a bright spot of color: a firelizard egg! It couldn't have gotten there by chance! But who could've left it?

M'avis of Gold Ticiath [Senior Weyrwoman]
Auron of Bronze Masamuth [Wingrider]
Troi of Garnet Kestrath [Wingrider]
C'dryn of Blue Naminuth [Assistant Weyrlingmaster]
Yuna of Garnet Sobuith [Weyrling]
Pl'sky of Jet Geriath [Weyrling]
Loki of Green Losk [Squadrider]
Rhoswen [Candidate]
Prompto [Candidate]
Zoharin [Candidate]
Dorian [Weyrfolk]
Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Petal-Nestled [Star]   Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 12:58 pm

It was still... surreal, even a few days later. Even after moving from the room he'd been in for the last several turns to his freshly assigned living quarters in the Weyrling Barracks, unpacking his meager belongings, and actually getting to spend time with his dearest Koriath, it was only just beginning to sink in that it was indeed real. 

He had a feeling if he'd been chosen by a dragon with any less patience, they likely would have been more than a little exasperated with him by this point, but Koriath's patience had yet to be phased. She remained a calm, quiet, ever steady presence both in Keigo's mind and at his side. Her voice a gentle, reassuring sound echoing in his thoughts, reminding him it was indeed real and he could stop waiting to wake up, though the need for such reassurances was gradually fading. 

It was the quiet moments like these that likely helped the most, being able to simply meander through the gardens, watching as the dragonet took in her surroundings with a fascination only found in a young mind.

It was while watching her wander that it caught his eye, a bright splash of color contrasting sharply with the undergrowth. Initially he thought it was simply a flower, a bud he'd never seen before but upon closer inspection and brushing aside the verdant undergrowth he found...

What's an egg doing here?

Koriath seemed to echo his own thoughts as he picked it up, being careful not to grip it too tightly for fear of damaging it. "You got me. It's the only one so I doubt it's a nest, but not sure why someone would just leave it here. it's still warm, too, so can't have been here long."

Back to top Go down
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

PostSubject: Re: Petal-Nestled [Star]   Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2024 6:20 pm

In his hands, the egg twitched before it began to rock in earnest. It was hatching! Before his eyes, Keigo would find himself no longer holding an egg, but cradling a little noodly body, egg goop and fragments of egg shell still clinging to her.

Petal-Nestled [Star] 1307fcd4-7269-46c8-a130-24f38d2ab374-image

A garnet!

Shaking her head and snorting her confusion, she blinked up at Keigo, swinging her head to squint at Koriath, before she decided that her hunger was more pressing than investigating these new faces. In a single loud cheep, she politely informed them of her wish for food before fanning her wings, showing she had a rose emblazoned under each one.

M'avis of Gold Ticiath [Senior Weyrwoman]
Auron of Bronze Masamuth [Wingrider]
Troi of Garnet Kestrath [Wingrider]
C'dryn of Blue Naminuth [Assistant Weyrlingmaster]
Yuna of Garnet Sobuith [Weyrling]
Pl'sky of Jet Geriath [Weyrling]
Loki of Green Losk [Squadrider]
Rhoswen [Candidate]
Prompto [Candidate]
Zoharin [Candidate]
Dorian [Weyrfolk]
Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Petal-Nestled [Star]   Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 8:39 pm

A cursory glance around the garden was enough for Keigo to note he, aside from Korath, he was alone. He considered himself observant enough to catch if someone were trying to hide, and he didn't feel as though he were being watched, though he knew without a shadow of a doubt the egg hadn’t been there long so whoever left it-or lost it?-couldn't have gone far…

The sudden twitch of the egg had brown eyes darting swiftly back to it, widening a fraction as it began to move and crack and practically as soon as he realized what was happening, it was over. In his hands was no longer a delicate shell, but a spindly little body.

A garnet with violet scales staring up at him and Koriath with a curious gaze, the pair staring back for a few moments in surprise. She chirped and Keigo blinked once, twice, three times before chuckling as she flared her wings. Noting the roses, it was almost amusing considering where she’d been found, and he already knew he’d have to find a name for her that would, more likely than not, be almost painfully on the nose. It was perfect so far, it would be an absolute shame not to carry on the theme.

But that was a thought for later. 

“Seems we have another roommate, huh?” He chuckled as he straightened up, cradling the tiny flit against his chest.. 

It seems so. Came Koriath’s slightly amused agreement, her faceted eyes watching the small creature in her chosen’s arms. Another mouth to feed as well. She must be hungry.

“Yeah, could say the same for you. Let’s get you both fed.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petal-Nestled [Star]   Petal-Nestled [Star] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petal-Nestled [Star]
Page 1 of 1