Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Sasha
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:08 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classic Clutch
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

» The Threadlands
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 3:51 am by Guest

» Loki of Green Losk [WIP]
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 am by Agenothree

» Auron of Bronze Masamuth [WIP]
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 am by Agenothree

» Candidate Rhoswen [WIP]
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm by Agenothree

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_vote_lcapA Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_voting_barA Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_vote_rcap 
Tyto
A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_vote_lcapA Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_voting_barA Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_vote_rcap 
Snarkosaurus
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyto

Tyto

A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] Empty
PostSubject: A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]   A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2024 4:13 pm

Things had certainly quieted down since the Hatching. It had been a very long, anxious two Turns since he had last been on the sands watching with bated breath, wondering if his dragon would burst forth. Wondering if something terrible would happen to Tsuneath and make Ticiath even more reluctant to clutch. Wondering if he'd be the only one of his family to end up without a dragon.

Emmanellain gave a long, weary exhale, not even bothering to try and conceal the sadness on his features. After being left standing again, he may had cried that night, though he'd be hard-pressed to admit that to anyone. It was just... so incredibly disheartening. Both of his elder siblings had Impressed by now--he was soon to be nearly a full Turn older than Haur'fan had been!

Before he knew it, his feet had carried him to his middle-elder sibling's weyr. He'd been wandering during his free time, trying to clear his head, but he'd recognize the door to Haur'fan's weyr anywhere. Even if it was not particularly different than any other, it seemed welcoming somehow. He hesitated, not only unsure if he was even there, but because he wasn't sure if he wanted to bother him with such trivial matters.

...Still, he knew Haur'fan would lend an ear to his worries, no matter how trivial.

Biting the inside of his cheek, he shifted his weight from foot to foot, and then finally reached up and knocked loudly.
Back to top Go down
Haurchefant

Haurchefant

PostSubject: Re: A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]   A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 3:38 pm

Haur'fan had just returned a few minutes before his baby brother's surprise visit, having been in the baths, exchanging words and thoughts with his fellows, the hatching on everyone's tongue right now. It had been wonderful that there was no loss of life on the sands and for that, he was grateful. But he was also sad because his little brother was left standing again and even from where he sat, the pale haired man could tell by his expression that his brother was heartbroken.

He had planned to go visit him after but duties kept him busy and he had not gotten much a chance to do anything yet but bathe. But now that he was clean, he began to brew his favorite chocolatey beverage in a small pot in his weyr. His beloved dragon was resting in her perch and turned her head towards his door a few moments before the knock came. Who could this be? Maybe it was the person that left him the flit! This was a mystery he was determined to solve eventually.

Said flit, whom he named Halone, chirped loudly at the sudden noise and promptly picked up the writing tool still on the table nearby, almost as if she was trying to wield it like a blade and it made the rider chuckle. This flit was a ball of energy and certainly had quite the personality. Seeing she was not going to move and dive bomb his guest, he opened the door and was surprised to see his little brother before him.

" Ah! Well hello brother! I was just planning to come see you! Come in come in!" He insisted happily and stepped back so the younger man could enter. Halone dropped the object in her mouth as the door opened and flittered down to rest on the table, her wings over her nose, except to occasionally peek out at the new person.

Sidrath turned her head towards Emmanellain and her mind voiced reached out to the younger brother of her rider. " Hello Emmanellian. A pleasure to see you as always." She offered, then rested her head back down on her forelegs, a soft purring like sound coming from her. She always welcomed vists from Haur'fan's brothers, knowing how important they were to him.
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]   A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 6:50 pm

Admittedly, he was a little worried that Haur'fan might not be around. It wasn't like he'd let him know he was planning on showing up, even though... he didn't really have any way of doing so. He didn't have a firelizard (not for lack of trying to look for clutches, but he hadn't been lucky and far too distracted with his Candidacy to devote all of his free time to scouring the beaches).

His shoulders seemed to visibly relax when the door swung open only a few moments after he knocked, and he gave his elder sibling a warm smile. "Oh, I suppose it's a good thing I arrived first, then," he said with a laugh. Otherwise they might have missed each other completely.

The sight of the little red firelizard gave him a slight pause, his brows raising in surprise. Sidrath's voice gave him a bit of a startle, even if he was used to her by now, jarring him back into the moment. He gave her a similarly pleasant smile. "Ah, Sidrath! It's always lovely to see you! I also hope Haur'fan has been treating you well." He gave his brother a playful poke as he entered other's weyr. Emmanellain knew his brother would never neglect his dragon for any reason; he was well fond of her.

His attention returned to the tiny firelizard--observing her for a moment before deciding it would be best to let her approach him rather than the opposite. "I see you've acquired a new companion. An admirer's gift, perhaps? What's her name?"
Back to top Go down
Haurchefant

Haurchefant

PostSubject: Re: A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]   A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm

Haur'fan chuckled in amusement and smiled as his brother stepped in and grinned at the gentle jab as he talked to Sidrath.Hearing his dragon's amused snort aloud and her chuckle in his mind, he also laughed. " As if I would ever treat her as anything other than splendid. But I can assure you, she is amused by your comment." He replied and noticed his firelizard had pulled a leaf of lettace from his bowl and was viciously shaking it like a dog with a toy. This made him bark into hearty laughter and he reached out and ran a finger down her tiny head.

" I have indeed! Isn't she just splendid? I have no idea who left her for me, the note only said they were thinking of me. Its a mystery I absolutely must solve! What if its my true love out there, reaching for my heart by leaving me a lovely little gift? How I long to find them~" He replied with a dramatic sigh and his hand clutching over his heart. " Oh right.. I named her Halone, suits her don't you think?" He asked, his eyes shining in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]   A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Brother's Worries [Haurchefant]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Final Weyr :: Weyrcaves :: Rider Weyrs-
Jump to: