Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Here comes the sun (Touching)
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:23 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Verinda [WIP]
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2024 11:46 am by CourtOfCats

» Splish Splash (Creations Weyrlings)
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 10:12 pm by Tyto

» Candidate Lucy
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2024 9:14 pm by Haurchefant

» Candidate Sasha
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» The Classic Clutch
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

Top posting users this week
No user
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Simple Joys (Touching)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simple Joys (Touching)   Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 11:01 am

The Star Egg

This egg greets Keigo with plenty of exuberance, but something about the thoughts and emotions feel… rythmatic?

The Dandelion Seeds Egg

This egg is an energetic, curious presence in Shouto’s mind. To Katsuki, is is similar, but the presence is stronger.

The Leaf Armour Egg

This egg does not want to be touched. Grumpy, it seems wary of Plover.

The Twin Lines Egg

Most had been greeted in a friendly way with this egg. Touya, however, receives a dose of disdain.

The Cracked Egg

This egg is bitter and angry. It’s not specifically lashing out at Ghendan, but it’s certainly not nice to him either.
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com
Ilauria

Ilauria

PostSubject: Re: Simple Joys (Touching)   Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 12:00 pm

Plover, from Leaf Armor, to Dandelion Egg
Aha. Another egg not keen for company. At least this time Plover did not feel as if she herself was being rebuffed, but rather that the egg on the whole preferred solitude. She could understand that - she liked her alone time too now and then. She’d give the green egg one more pat before backing off, trying to think calm, obliging thoughts to it as she went.

Only a few left now to meet. The dark blue one, and the reddish duo… It was good to think she would have completed her task soon, but with so few left, finding one that felt like a hopeful match was becoming less likely. Still, it only took one…

She shifted around to the Dandelion Egg next, bending to place her hand directly on the very crown of the shell, as if to catch and hold it, anchor it back down to Pern from drifting away. “Hello. If you prefer to be left alone, just say. I won’t bother you, but I do need to meet you.” She could be polite in action, if not always in word. She did have to touch them… but not for long, if they all continued to find her presence subpar.

Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Simple Joys (Touching)   Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2024 11:05 pm

Candidate Ghendan - The Star Egg
Ah, so his suspicions were correct, then. Another egg that wanted to be let alone. He withdrew his touch cautiously, frowning to himself as he considered. Perhaps he should make notes for the Harpers, after the Touching. Did they keep track of such things? He supposed it might be beneficial information, to some degree, though despite his tenure he hadn't made it to the archives related to Hatchings yet.

His gaze turned toward his next destination, the medium-sized Star Egg. He had noticed those touching it to quickly withdraw, as if its presence had been overwhelming or painful in some way. It would be wise to be cautious, then. Gently, he placed his hand upon the shell.

The Cracked Egg - The Flame Swirl Egg - The Leaf Armour Egg - The Twin Lines Egg - The Eye in the Moon Egg - The Confetti Egg - The Dandelion Seeds Egg - The Star Egg - The Wavy Egg

Candidate Touya - The Confetti Egg
Touya raised his brows at the feeling of dislike that met his touch. "Geeze," he grunted softly, taking his hand back, "Point taken, I guess." He hadn't really had any good or particularly bad luck with any of them, other than--well, the ones that seemed to be affecting everyone to some degree, like how the Star Egg had nearly stunned him with its touch on his mind. He didn't miss how a few other people had quickly pulled away from it, too.

Shaking his head, he wandered around for a moment or two, passing Plover and Shouto and Katsuki, before coming to stop near The Confetti Egg. He rubbed his jaw in consideration for a moment, then lightly touched the pink shell.

The Cracked Egg - The Flame Swirl Egg - The Leaf Armour Egg - The Twin Lines Egg - The Eye in the Moon Egg - The Confetti Egg - The Dandelion Seeds Egg - The Star Egg - The Wavy Egg

Candidate Katsuki - The Eye in the Moon Egg
The little one inside the shell was much more pleasant than many of the others he had visited so far. He glanced up at Shouto to see his reaction, see if he could gauge any sort of clue as to how the egg was responding to him. He wouldn't be... entirely opposed to some discussion later, maybe, regarding the eggs. But he was almost actively trying to avoid spending too much time around the other Candidate.

Ultimately, he opted not to linger long before stepping away from the egg and moving on. He didn't want to end up seeming like he was staring.

He ended up crouching down and looking over The Eye in the Moon Egg, considering for a moment or two. It wasn't likely to contain a bronze, but... Well. He put his hand on the yellow shell.

Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Simple Joys (Touching)   Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 3:20 pm

The Dandelion Seeds Egg

A fleeting presence in Plover’s mind, but bright and seemingly quite bubbly. Not unfriendly, but easily distracted.

The Star Egg

Loud and energetic, the Star egg is a rather powerful presence for Ghendan.

The Confetti Egg

This egg is plenty happy to meet Touya, cheerful and bubbly. It does seem a bit floaty, though it hasn’t lost interest completely.

The Eye In The Moon Egg

This egg is calm, and reaches out to Katsuki with a hint of understanding behind it’s feelings. It’s not really connecting to him, but it seems kind to the young candidate.
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com
Ilauria

Ilauria

PostSubject: Re: Simple Joys (Touching)   Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 8:17 pm

Plover, from Dandelion, to Wavy Egg
Oh. Well, that was a nice surprise. This egg was rather friendly and amenable, if… ah. No, there it went drifting back out of touch again. Plover kept her hand on the shell for a little longer, gently stroking it and patiently patting it - it had been one of the few that had given a positive response… She could work with distractible. She could. but time would tell, and it was none of it her choice.

She gave the egg one more appreciative stroke before she stepped back away. There were just two more to meet, and she was as determined as ever. Shored up mentally by the shift in the eggs’ demeanor towards her, she made for the penultimate egg without delay. It was larger than some, deep blue, with wavy lines wrapping around it. She slid a finger along one in a smooth, gliding swipe, then slowed to let her hand rest properly against it. “Hello there. I’ve met almost all of your siblings now. How about you? Have you enjoyed this? Know what you’re after?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple Joys (Touching)   Simple Joys (Touching) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simple Joys (Touching)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Archives :: Thread Archives :: Flights and Hatchings-
Jump to: