Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2024 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Sasha
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:08 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classic Clutch
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

» The Threadlands
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 3:51 am by Guest

» Loki of Green Losk [WIP]
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 am by Agenothree

» Auron of Bronze Masamuth [WIP]
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 am by Agenothree

» Candidate Rhoswen [WIP]
Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm by Agenothree

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
Flying High [Flight] I_vote_lcapFlying High [Flight] I_voting_barFlying High [Flight] I_vote_rcap 
Snarkosaurus
Flying High [Flight] I_vote_lcapFlying High [Flight] I_voting_barFlying High [Flight] I_vote_rcap 
Tyto
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Flying High [Flight]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyto

Tyto

Flying High [Flight] Empty
PostSubject: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 12:59 pm

Rain pattered the stone just beyond the opening to her weyr as Aluith roused from sleep. She'd spent the last several days sunning and sleeping, building her energy as her hide began to glow as if freshly oiled. Of course Siera kept her clean and oiled, but there was something almost ethereal about her now, and if not for the fact that she was so clearly a green she might have nearly been mistaken for a metallic.

With a snort, she rose to her full height, blood pumping in her veins as her rider was suddenly made keenly aware of her presence in her mind. Siera, from her place in the kitchens, suddenly jolted to her feet, upsetting her tray and nearly toppling her drink. Rather than offer an explanation to those around her, she bolted from the dining area and to the Bowl, just in time to watch Aluith glide from their weyr to the pens.

She was not nearly the glutton a gold may have been, no frenzied panic to consume. Instead, she merely struck down a herdbeast and sapped its strength for herself, only dimly aware of her rider's plight of trying to orient herself with the onslaught of feeling from her dragon's impending Flight.

Once she deemed herself ready and Siera had sequestered herself in her twins' weyr for safety, she called to the Weyr.

Come, dragons of the Final Weyr! The rain will not dampen our spirits this day! Spreading her wings, she launched herself into the air with powerful strokes, rain continuing to spatter and drip over her hide. There was no storm raging so no risk of lightning and no rumble of thunder, but now was the time to fly!
Back to top Go down
Haurchefant

Haurchefant

PostSubject: Re: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 6:43 pm

Elsa

Elsa had been quietly reading a book in her weyr when she felt heat as strong as a lightening bolt quicken her blood. It was a moment later that she registered the sound of Aluith calling she was rising. Her face was flushed as if she had been running a marathon and she felt crippled by a feeling she was not used to.. desire. It burned in her veins like magma bursting forth from a volcano. " Orushufath... is this.. is this your.. desire I am feeling?" She stammered and felt a twinge of guilt from her bonded, as he knew he was distressing his rider. No, that would not do, she could handle this for his sake. He deserved to chase and had withheld himself many times already. " No my dear Oru.. do what it is that your instinct guides you to, I will be alright." She said softly and that was all the blue needed as he rose from his platform and spread his wings and launched to the sky.

Blue Orushufath

Orushufath felt the rush as he took to the sky, pushing with all his being towards the great green gem that called forth the fire within his soul. " The skies weep from your beauty, dear Aluith! May we dance like falling stars with the skies weeping in envy at our dance this day, beautiful jade of the sky!" Orushufath crooned as he pursued the green, intent on winning this, after all, Elsa was giving up her own comfort for his sake, he could not lose!
Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 7:59 pm

The day seemed to be going normal enough as far as Eralti had been able to tell. At least, aside from the rain that had put an early end to his sword-practice, forcing him to take shelter. Once it was clear it wouldn't be stopping, he'd returned to his weyr, and taken to tending to his sword, making sure the blade remained in fine repair, and polishing its scabbard. He was about halfway through when he felt...it.

A surge of heat pulsing beneath his skin that had him jolting to his feet and looking around just in time to see Divuth dig his claws into the ledge, give an almost...elated roar before taking to the sky.

Divuth, wha- 

Aluith rises, Eralti! I'm going after her.

Blue eye widened, a swear falling from Eralti's lips as the words fully sank in. So that's what was happening. He should have known, considering he wasn't exactly new to the weyr, but Divuth had never chased before. He had never experience the... sensations that came with it as a rider, and it was... well, a lot. Especially for someone that didn't typically experience such things.

But whatever he was experiencing, it had to be nothing compared to how Siera was feeling right now. As Divuth bled a beast, he was ready to bolt from his Weyr in search of his sister-though it seemed there was little need as the door opened. He sighed in relief, immediately pulling Siera into a-hopefully-comforting embrace.

Divuth knew as soon as he sensed Eralti had the greenrider safely with him that it was time. He wasted no time in taking to the air with a mighty beat of his wings, maintaining the same altitude as Aluth though keeping a respectful distance until she as truly ready for the chase to begin.

How could it on such a joyous occasion?  He replied, suppressing a chuckle at the other blue's flirting.Especially with you to brighten them? Whether that was him being serious or not, well... that was up to Aluith's interpretation.

Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 am

Two was not at all a bad turnout. Anything more than none would have pleased her, regardless, but two strapping blues was hardly a thing to complain about. She wasn't picky like some could be! She let out a rumble of draconic laughter as the two boys chose to praise her, strong wings carrying her higher and then fanning out as she caught an updraft, which caused her to soar up until she was nearly in the clouds themselves. Flatterers, Aluith teased, rolling in the air so the tips of her wings brushed against the clouds and caused them to create lengthy little tendrils in the wake.

She waited a moment there, flying at an even level, until she was a fair distance from the Weyr proper, before suddenly tucking her wings and dipping into an elegant dive. Try to keep up, boys!

Just as she came close to reaching the towering trees, she arced up into another spinning twirl, flinging a spray of water in all directions, wings extending at just the right moment to keep her from spinning out into dizziness and lifting her back up on another draft. She splayed her wings and her limbs, looking a little silly but clearly having a fun time as the draft carried her back up higher and higher. She angled herself up, nose toward the clouds, only to suddenly tuck her wings and fall backwards, skillfully adjusting her trajectory to slip past both blues and not collide with them in the process.

And if suddenly having the glowing green drop into their midst didn't throw them off, she was now flying in the opposite direction she had been, the tinkle of laughter echoing in their minds.
Back to top Go down
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

PostSubject: Re: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 pm

Fashionably late, as always, Naminuth dropped on one unfortunate herdbeast and blooded, after which he vaned his wings and easily glided into position among his competition, bugling his greeting to both Aluith and those he challenged, Orushufath and Divuth. It had been a quick and easy choice, to forgo his nap in favor of pursuing Aluith as she rose in flight, her summons calling him to answer on an instinctual level. C'dryn needed no explanation for his dragon's sudden change in behavior, chuckling a little to himself as he retreated to his weyr; he wasn't expecting company, but his door was open if someone were to want to spend a flight together. Rain or shine, you'll always be a pinnacle of beauty, he drawled to Aluith, a grin evident in his mindvoice.

M'avis of Gold Ticiath [Senior Weyrwoman]
Auron of Bronze Masamuth [Wingrider]
Troi of Garnet Kestrath [Wingrider]
C'dryn of Blue Naminuth [Assistant Weyrlingmaster]
Yuna of Garnet Sobuith [Weyrling]
Pl'sky of Jet Geriath [Weyrling]
Loki of Green Losk [Squadrider]
Rhoswen [Candidate]
Prompto [Candidate]
Zoharin [Candidate]
Dorian [Weyrfolk]
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 2:46 am

Aluith hardly minded Naminuth's delayed arrival. All were welcome, all were equally considered. She was hardly picky, and even if she had only received a single chaser she would have been grateful for their participation. One was better than none, and three was an excellent selection. Hopefully there would be no hurt feelings when she picked one of them over the others.

Leading three wily boys through wind and rain would eventually take its toll on any dragon, and Aluith was no exception. She was young and full of energy, but this was her very first Flight. Not only that, but the time she had chosen to fly was certainly putting a strain on her, fending off the wind, and a myriad of wild twists and turns to keep the blues on their toes. Or rather, wingtips?

However, things could only go on for so long before she knew she needed to end the fun. You've all so done well, my suitors, she said, her exhaustion becoming evident even in her mindvoice. The rain was hardly a storm, but it had grown stronger, now spattering and splashing like tiny torrents over their hides. Were it not warm this day, it may have easily caused a bitter chill--even with the heat of their exertion. But even the best things must eventually come to an end. Though it was difficult, I've made my choice. Powerful strokes of her wings carried her high into the sky, leveling out into a steady glide as she touched the clouds again. Divuth, won't you join me?

[Spin Results]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying High [Flight]   Flying High [Flight] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flying High [Flight]
Page 1 of 1