Final Weyr
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Final Weyr, a Dragonriders of Pern Forum!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Classics Clutch Egg Guessing
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:36 am by Tyto

» Dragon Adoptables
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm by Kitarial

» Candidate Sasha
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2024 12:08 pm by Snarkosaurus

» The Classic Clutch
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:46 pm by Kitarial

» Like A Shooting Star [Flight]
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:46 pm by Haurchefant

» The Threadlands
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 3:51 am by Guest

» Loki of Green Losk [WIP]
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 am by Agenothree

» Auron of Bronze Masamuth [WIP]
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 am by Agenothree

» Candidate Rhoswen [WIP]
Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm by Agenothree

Top posting users this week
Kitarial
Harbingers of a new age I_vote_lcapHarbingers of a new age I_voting_barHarbingers of a new age I_vote_rcap 
Snarkosaurus
Harbingers of a new age I_vote_lcapHarbingers of a new age I_voting_barHarbingers of a new age I_vote_rcap 
Tyto
Discord Server
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Discord
Discord

Harbingers of a new age

Go down 
+3
Starisia
Haurchefant
Kitarial
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

Harbingers of a new age Empty
PostSubject: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:06 am

The day was hot, even for a day in the jungles which the Weyr called home. The sands were almost unbearably so, and Fenix had taken to keeping water with him at all times as he spent time with his pearl. Today was no different, and as the midafternoon sun seemed to beat down upon the sands, Tsuneath turned her head towards her eggs. Fenix had been resting against his bonded’s side, he hadn’t noticed yet, but she did.

Mine, wake up. The eggs are starting to hatch. You wouldnt want to miss that, would you?

She asked, nudging her bonded from the small patch of shade he’d managed to curl up in. It was rather hot, but it was time to wake up now.

It took him a few beats to actually wake up and process what she’d said, but when he did his eyes flew open, looking at Tsuneath with comical amounts of surprise. They’re finally hatching? Oh no, how long have they been cracking? You should’ve woken me sooner! he replied, though Tsuneath paid her bonded no heed. Instead, she addressed the Weyr, though Mercuriath was first.

Mercuriath, the eggs are starting to hatch. Come!

She would wait a few moments to address the Weyr at large to give Mercuriath a chance to make his way down to the sands. Eventually, though, the Weyr needed to know that the newest dragonets were on their way. People of Final Weyr! The time has come, and my eggs are starting to crack. Join us on the sands!

On the scorching golden sands, it was the Wavy egg that had started to rock.

———————————————

Welcome to Final Weyr’s first hatching! Feel free to post candidates, spectators, or even NPC your WIPs as spectators, if you desire! The first baby will be hatching sometime later today. WIP candidates are not eligible to stand, however.
Back to top Go down
https://finalweyr.forumotion.com
Ilauria

Ilauria

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:29 am

The day was hot, the climate muggy - but that was as usual at Final Weyr, and Plover had no interest in allowing it to slow or stagnate her. There were things to do, chores and tasks and so, so much going on in the days or perhaps hours only between waves of threadfall. With the newest eggs hardening on the sands, it was a task as well to remain undistracted - she had some practice, from the past turns she had spent hoping and trying. That didn’t mean she had mastered the attempt however. Especially knowing that she only had a few more chances before she aged out.

Not that there was anything shameful about that. Not that there wasn’t ample other work she could do to help the Weyr survive.

…She wanted to be a rider though. In the thick of the fight, picked and chosen, trained and tested. It was a brutal life, but… She wanted it all the same.

When the call came, her head snapped up from the work she had been bent to with enough force to leave her neck aching. Before she could even register the pain though she was on her feet, chore left abandoned as she flew on swift feet to the barracks, to fetch her candidate robe and dress before plunging onwards, back out to head for the Hatching Sands. Today, was her unbidden thought as she bowed before the Pearl mother and her rider, and then backed off to wait with baited, panting breath. Today, finally, maybe…

(Plover is open to be interacted with.)

Back to top Go down
Haurchefant

Haurchefant

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:34 am

Candidate Ezra [Open]

Ezra had studying quietly in the mess hall, eating as he did so. As he put the last of his food into his mouth, he heard the call, an all too familiar routine in his life at this point. Tempering the excitement and internal dread of being left standing again, he rose and packed his things into his satchel. Making swiftly for his room, he grabbed his things and took the quickest bath of his life and slipped into his candidate robes and made his way to the sands, intent on being on time. Taking his place near the front, he gave a deep bow of respect to both rider and the clutch mother and then on to the clutch sire and their rider as well before he stepped back a respectful distance and looked at the eggs, wondering what the new souls born this day would look like. Was there one for him in there, would today finally be the day his life would change?

------------------------

Haur'fan of Garnet Sindrath [Open]

Haur'fan heard the call as he came out of his weyr, having just finished washing up after a long morning workout and midmorning flight with his beloved Sindrath. Dressing as quickly and neatly as he could, he beat feet out to the stands and took a seat where he could see best, his Garnet finding her place where the other adult dragons were. He looked down to the sands where the candidates were and let out a cheer of encouragement and excitement to them. Sitting down, he grinned ear to ear and turned to the person next to him. " What a splendid day for a hatching! I hope we see a smooth bonding of candidate and dragonet this day."

---------------------------------------

Elsa of Blue Orushufath [Fenix ; Open]

Elsa made her way to the stands and took a seat, giving a wave and smile of encouragement to Fenix as she took a seat beside him, certain he would not mind. She was very excited for this, her dearest friend in the entire world was down there, with his dragon about to welcome her clutch into the world. She felt a slight chill of anxiety as she looked down at the candidate line forming up, remembering her own feelings down there the very last day she was there. A gentle nudge of concern and warmth flooded her mind and she smiled. Her beloved Orushufath was trying to comfort her again. She only hoped the bonded made today would be as fulfilling as her own moment had been.

Reaching her hand over, she took his hand in her own and offered a comforting squeeze. She was fairly certain he would be a ball of nerves today, as it was his dragon's maiden clutch. " Tsuneath is looking even more beautiful today, you must be proud of her. I am eager to see what lovely babies she has nurtured to life."

Last edited by Haurchefant on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 12:43 pm

Candidate Keigo (Open)

It would have been as lie if he said he was anywhere near surprised to hear the call. Just based on past experience, after so long it could have been any day, any hour, any moment that the call would come, and as a result he'd taken to leaving his candidate robes draped neatly over a chair within easy reach just in case.

Thus, he wasn't surprised-though his body did give a slight jolt, startled to say the least-when he was all but yanked from his studies. However, the lack of surprise did nothing to hide the excitement that had him leaping up from his seat, a wide grin spreading across his features that hid well the nervousness that began twisting around his heart. 

In no time at all, he was bolting from the barracks, dressed in the familiar, worn robes and making his way to the sands. 

While he was used to the humid heat of the Jungle, typically able to ignore it with little ease, the sands were an entirely different beast-as per usual-as he took that first step onto them, unsurprised to find he was among the early ones. Stepping up when his time came, he  had managed to tame his grin into a more respectful smile as he bowed to the queen, her mate, and their riders, his heart still pounding in his chest so hard he almost worried it'd burst out if he didn't calm it soon. 

Rising from his bow, he moved to the side, taking his place among the others, a respectful distance away. "Good luck," He said softly, noting he wasn't the only older candidate already present. In fact he was fairly sure the two that caught his eye first were even older than himself, thus he could only imagine his wasn't the only nervously racing heart. "Here's hoping today's the day."

Candidate Shouto (Open)

Even if he hadn't heard the call, it wouldn't have been difficult to realize what was happening as the Weyr, always bustling to some degree, seemed to absolutely erupt, swiftly becoming a cacophony of activity that was almost enough to have Shouto's head spinning before he even made it back to the Barracks and changed into his robes. 

Despite being fairly new to the Weyr and still learning his way around, it was easy enough to find the sands, following the familiar faces he knew from his sparse time as a candidate. His heart was in his throat as he stepped out onto the sands, stomach twisting nervously as he bowed to the present dragons and riders. 

His steps were fare surer than he felt as he took his place among the other candidates, eyes locked on the sands rather than the queen or her eggs-at least for the time being-as he tried to calm himself. He hadn't been here long, and it was hard to ignore just how... out of place he felt standing there, weight shifting minutely from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 5:51 pm

Candidate Ghendan - Open, Candidates
The call from Tsuneath jolted Ghendan from his work, nearly causing him to drop the carefully-wrapped hide as he navigated it back to its home in the Weyr's archives. Despite having been here for several Turns, his communication with dragons was few and far between--so it was always a bit jarring when a voice other than his own thoughts entered into his mind. Ah. The eggs.

Taking a moment, he placed the hide into its place, then turned and headed from the archives toward the Barracks to change into his robes. He wasn't entirely pleased to step from the cool darkness of the archives and into the heat of the jungle and then again into the even-more-sweltering Hatching Sands, but he knew it was a necessary evil.

Bowing to Tsuneath, her mate, and their riders as was customary, he then turned and joined the other Candidates. He gave those who had already gathered a greeting nod, stepping up beside them and looking toward the eggs. There was, of course, a near-palpable tension as they waited, wondering what would hatch first and which of them would not be returning to the Candidate Barracks that night.

Candidate Touya - Open
Touya would be in absolute denial of the fact that he had yelped at the sudden sound of a voice in his head out of nowhere, jarring him clear out of his train of thought and causing him to drop the vegetable he had been peeling back into the bucket with the others. Placing a hand over his hammering heart, he scowled to himself as some of the other Candidates on kitchen-duty began quickly cleaning up their stations and heading toward the door. He could count on one hand the times he'd had a dragon talk to him, and he didn't even need all of his fingers for that. Grumbling under his breath, he set aside the knife he'd been using and followed the others back toward the Barracks.

Soon enough, he was joining the crowd on the sands, wishing his robes had pockets. He bowed to the clutchmother and then joined the others, folding his arms over his chest. He could admit to a bit of--anxiety curling in his stomach, despite the nonchalant expression on his face. If a dragon picked him, his life would definitely change forever. Was he actually ready for that? He'd been here for a few months, but it still felt like he was... sort of unprepared. He'd never really thought about it, but now that he was standing here, it was... sort of like a bucket of cold water had been thrown over his head.

Candidate Katsuki - Open
Katsuki frowned to himself, pulling on his robes. He didn't know whether he'd gotten here before or after Shouto, but it didn't matter. He barely interacted with his roommate unless he had to, and even then it was only as much as he had to. Even if it just made him feel worse than he already did, which made his mood even worse than that. An endless cycle of discomfort.

Walking onto the sands, he followed the crowd in bowing to Tsuneath and then took his place amongst the other Candidates, finding himself standing beside Touya. Still weird to think that he was Shouto's brother. Looking at the eggs, he frowned. Most of them hadn't really liked him much at the Touching, so he didn't really have high hopes, but it wasn't like he was going to get too old to bond to a dragon anytime soon.

Apprentice Harper Izuku - Spectator, Open
Izuku had been at the Weyr for a few sevendays now, mostly working with his mentor. He hadn't had much time for exploring, but he had met a handful of the Candidates as part of his record-keeping. After all, they needed a list of them to know which of the dragonets went to whom. And then there was the matter of the eggs, and the dragonets and--He shook his head, shifting from foot to foot as he stood with ink and hide in hand, ready to start writing as soon as the first egg broke open.

Every so often his eyes fell onto the Candidates, wondering how so many of them looked so calm. Maybe it was because they had been there for a while? A few of them looked older, but his attention kept falling onto one in particular--one who looked extremely familiar. But there was no way, right? Finally, he took the list of Candidates from his mentor to scan over--stopping with widened eyes as he saw one in particular. No way! He looked up, then back down, reluctantly passing the list back so the older man could focus on his own task. Katsuki was here, after all these Turns. Izuku felt his face heat up as he realized he had gone back to staring, and quickly darted his gaze back to the eggs.

Maybe after the Hatching, he could go talk to him. If he Impressed, he could definitely make it seem like he just wanted some more information. Tsuneath was the first Pearl to survive to her first clutch, so anything they could gather would be extremely important for historical purposes, right?
Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 8:32 pm

Candidate Lyney - Keigo

Lyney had only just barely gotten his candidate robes, so when the call went out and the humming began, he’d had to scramble to get himself together. The clothes were unfamiliar, but the rhythm of getting ready with his twin was quite familiar, and within record time he and Lynette were both on their way to the sands, impeccable in their white robes with their hair perfectly done.

Even the tiny braid keeping some of Lyney’s hair out of his face was perfectly neat.

While Lynette took her place in a section of the lineup with some quieter candidates, Lyney sidled up to Keigo, a wide smile on his face. Many of his smiles were performative, but this one was as genuine as it got- he was excited to be here, and see the dragons hatch. Maybe if he got lucky, he’d impress and father would be pleased? He could only hope. Bowing to the queen as he took his place, the gesture sweeping and grandiose, he felt a thrill of nervous excitement rushing down his spine.

“I’m afraid I’m not quite familiar with all the hatching etiquette, I’m quite new here,” he said to Keigo, his tone friendly and a tad apologetic. “Anything to avoid doing besides touching or antagonizing the hatchlings?” he asked, though, if one looked closely, his expression promised that he would absolutely chat Keigo’s ear off if he was allowed.
Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 8:56 pm

Candidate Keigo (Lyney)

Light brown eyes were quick to refocus on the Clutchmother and the eggs, sweeping across the sands on occasion in search of any signs of stirring life ready to escape the hard shells. Considering the way it had responded to being touched, something about the fact it was the Wavy egg that seemed most eager to be free seemed fitting. It hadn't seemed particularly pleased with the attention, though perhaps it also hadn't been happy about being trapped in its shell. 

It was only when another approached him that his gaze was drawn from it and to the other candidate instead. Keigo may not have known many of the candidates, but he at least recognized most of them, though some better than others-and this lad was definitely one that hadn't been at the Weyr long. Something he could tell before he even spoke. 

"Other than try not to get mauled? Think that about covers it," Keigo replied, a shrug rolling off his shoulders as an easy smirk came over his features, a glint in his eye that showed he was... mostly kidding. "Long as you keep the other two in mind though, that one should be easy enough."

Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 9:30 pm

Candidate Lyney - Keigo

”Ah, so mostly the obvious, then. Though there’s always a person or two who can’t follow the simplest of instructions…” Lyney responded, a touch of humour sparking in his expression. To any others watching, he was the definition of wide-eyed, eager, brand-new candidate. While those things were true, the young man did also have other goals. Candidacy was as much means to an end as it was dream fulfillment, and a chance to make Father proud besides.

For now, though, he’d play nice with the other candidates, and part of that meant keeping up some of his stage persona at all times. “With any luck, though, we should all make it out of this unharmed!”

That said, his eyes scanned the sands and came to a rest on the shaking Wavy egg. Simple enough in design, but large enough that he couldn’t help but wonder just what an egg that size would contain. Surely it had to be a queen, or a bronze? It was probably the biggest in the whole clutch!
Back to top Go down
Agenothree
Admin
Agenothree

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 9:58 pm

The Wavy Egg rocked and rattled like a ship at sea, heralding a mighty beast. A leg burst free, followed by a tail, before the shell completely cracked and split to permit the hatchling to step free.

Harbingers of a new age SmfieLa

Shaking himself off, the bronze scrutinized the Candidates before him before stepping forward. As he approached, he snapped his teeth at Katsuki's ankles, though his teeth didn't make contact or connect, before he stepped away as quickly as he arrived. Ghendan was next to meet his gaze, staring at him for an worryingly long time before he decided to move along.

The bronze's search was soon concluded, finding someone suitable enough for his standard. That person was Lyney. In contrast to his aggression to other Candidates before, he seemed to mellow as his eyes whirled rainbows for him. Oh hey, he greeted. Let's get moving before I have to bite that one Candidate for real.

M'avis of Gold Ticiath [Senior Weyrwoman]
Auron of Bronze Masamuth [Wingrider]
Troi of Garnet Kestrath [Wingrider]
C'dryn of Blue Naminuth [Assistant Weyrlingmaster]
Yuna of Garnet Sobuith [Weyrling]
Pl'sky of Jet Geriath [Weyrling]
Loki of Green Losk [Squadrider]
Rhoswen [Candidate]
Prompto [Candidate]
Zoharin [Candidate]
Dorian [Weyrfolk]
Back to top Go down
NatsumiHare

NatsumiHare

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 pm

Candidate Megumi- tag Plover

"I'm going to strangle Maki..." Megumi grumbled under his breath as he stomped toward the Sands, yanking his robe over his head as he did so. His dear 'aunt' had stolen his robe and hit it in the kitchens much to his chagrin, and the only reason he'd found it before the hatching ended was because she hid it there last time. He'd have to get her back later, he had places to be now.

He slid into place beside Plover just as the first hatchling Impressed and he sighed. "Is that the only one so far? I got held up." He wouldn't consider them friends, but he at least tried to be amicable with his fellow candidates. He was even a bit more comfortable with the older ones seeing as he'd spent so much time with Satoru (not entirely of his own free will, the guy spent an annoying amount of time checking up on him).

Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 10:14 pm

Candidate Keigo (Lyney)

"You'd be right about that," Keigo replied, unable to keep the amusement from his voice not that he tried all that hard or found it funny on the occasions people did get hurt during hatchings. However, that sentiment definitely applied to more than just hatchings-unfortunately. 

He likely would have commented further, were it not for the distinct crack feeling the air, wiping amusement from his face as his eyes darted excitedly to the hatching egg. Immediately, he found a grin splitting his features as the bronze emerged-a phenomenal start for sure. 

One that only got better as he watched it approach, suppressing a snicker as it nipped at Katsuki's ankles. Seemed he wasn't very impressed with the other blond which... frankly, Keigo may or may not tease him about later. 

As the bronze moved along though, Keigo found his grin fading, expression becoming more serious little by little as it moved on from Ghendan, and towards... He could feel his heart beginning to pick up it6s pace again as the bronze moved closer, only for a brief flicker of disappointment to make itself knows as it became clear the youngling wasn't heading for him.

It didn't last for long, however-he didn't let it. Not when there were more eggs to go, making this far from his last chance this clutch. Instead he let his smile return as he looked to the young candidate at his side. "Well, seems you're safe now, huh?"

Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 10:56 pm

Candidate Katsuki - Open, Reaction
His eyes widened as he watched the bronze approach, uncertainty in his chest as it came closer--only to practically jump backward as it made a snap toward his leg. A little alarming, but given the fact that none of the eggs had seemed to like him during the Touching... Well. He'd hoped it wouldn't translate over to the dragons, but apparently it did. He'd just have to be on his toes.

Luckily, it didn't seem to be coming back for him. But he'd probably preemptively move out of the way from now on.

Candidate Ghendan - Open, Reaction
Despite the Bronze having nearly bitten another Candidate, Ghendan seemed unperturbed by the dragonet's stare. He watched passively, waiting for him to make his decision, ready to move if he became hostile. In the end, however, he moved on, choosing instead one of the Candidates that had arrived more recently. Ghendan hadn't interacted much with Lyney, but he had seen him around for a while.

Apprentice Harper Izuku - Spectator, Open
A bronze! A very... um, nippy bronze, it seemed. He felt his heart skip a few beats when it lunged for Katsuki, but it seemed the blond was unharmed. Quickly, he went to work writing down everything--the color, actions of the hatchling. And ultimately he chose... Izuku glanced at his mentor, then back at the Candidate. It was--Lyney. He'd have to wait and see what the bronze's name was later, though some did announce it (or so he'd heard, since this was his first Hatching).

T'nal of Bronze Bilynth - Spectator, Haur'fan
The excitement of Hatchings was always so grand. Like a strong current running through the Weyr's population, he could barely contain himself as he beamed at the young riders-to-be. Well--some of them might have been his age or even a Turn or two older, but that was hardly the point! Lives would change this day!

Looking at Haur'fan as the other man spoke, he matched the smile with his own. "A splendid day indeed!" T'nal agreed, giving the other a firm, friendly clasp on his shoulder. "Though I think every day is a splendid one for new life. And of course! Let's both hope for a bloodless Hatching." Dragonets were a bit... notorious for being nippy and confused when they hatched, but sometimes there were little to no injuries. "Ah, look! The first to join us!" he said suddenly, gesturing toward the egg that had begun to bobble like the treetops in a tropical storm.

A bronze! He clearly remembered his own Bilynth's hatching, the little awkward bronze that had ambled over to him. Surely the lucky Candidate he chose would remember this day for as long as they lived. "A bit of a scare but no harm done, it seems," he murmured as the little one bonded without more than a bit of a nip at one of the hopefuls. Disregarding that he had no relation to the Impressed, he gave a loud cheer toward the newest of Pern's riders, applauding with the others.
Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:04 pm

Weyrling Lyney of Bronze Kurath - Keigo, impression

Lyney’s head whipped to face the egg as Keigo’s did, the stunningly loud crack heralding the hatching of an utterly massive bronze. Were… bronzes supposed to be that big? He didn’t think bronzes were supposed to be that big… at least, that wasn’t what father had told him. Keigo certainly seemed amused enough, at least, the teen grinning in response to the other’s amusement.

”Are… bronzes meant to be that big?” he asked, not really looking at Keigo so much as the bronze as it snapped in Katsuki’s direction. When it approached Ghendan next, he thought the man had impressed, and that was it, but the hatchling had apparently decided otherwise. Instead, it turned around, coming… right towards him and Keigo? Sighing, the boy almost turned to find someone else to converse with, thinking that the bronze was surely there for Keigo. But, that was not the case. Instead, the bronze stepped towards him, rainbows whirling in his eyes.

Oh, hey. Let’s get going before I have to bite that one candidate for real.

Wait… huh?!

When he pictured himself as a rider, he’d thought a jet or a garnet would suit him well, maybe a blue. But a bronze of all things?

It was unfortunately hard to deny with an impatient bronze lashing his little hatchling tail right in front of him, clearly irritated as Lyney took a second to process. I didn’t pick someone quiet Lyney. You aren’t an idiot, come on! the bronze snarled, to which Lyney jolted.

“I guess I am, unless Tsuneath decides to eat me,” he replied to Keigo, looking for the feed buckets and spying them at the other end of the sands. Seeing Kurath get up to walk to them on his own, he followed after the large hatchling, doing his best to look dignified as he did so.

Fenix of Pearl Tsuneath - Elsa

Fenix caught sight of his friend in the stands closest to himself, and with a look at Tsuneath, moved to join her. He would’ve greeted her, but a truly resounding crack came from one of the eggs and shocked the whole sands as the biggest bronze he’d ever seen tumbled out. Fenix’s breath caught as he watched the youngling snap at a blond, and stare at a dark-haired young man for a while before settling on a delicate blond. Only then did he find it in himself to speak, excited and nervous all in one. “A bronze is a good omen for the clutch. Though, he seems aggressive…” he stated, remembering belatedly to reach out and give Elsa a one-armed greeting hug.

At least the big hatchling hadn’t mauled anybody. A bronze that size could easily kill a man, even fresh out of the egg as he was. Aggressive he certainly was, but Fenix was relieved the baby had some restraint.

Back to top Go down
Ilauria

Ilauria

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:16 pm

Plover - tag to Megumi
Plover looked from egg to egg as they shifted - Wavy Lines seemed fit to burst first, and so it bore the brunt of her attention. She had touched it, but not often enough to know it well or expect much from it. It certainly hadn’t seemed the most keen on her. And indeed, it shelled out a bronze, which paid her exactly zero mind before finding its intended match to impress to. Still, she clapped mildly all the same - an impression was an impression, and the bronze seemed hale and healthy. They needed that.

She blinked around at Megumi as he sidled up beside her, giving a soft hum and a nod. “So far. But it did only just start. You’re late,” she deadpanned - not judgmental… well, not overly so, but also not pressing the point. “Good that you’re here now though.” It’d be a shame to lose a hatchling between if theirs was late.
Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:30 pm

The next egg to shake was the Flame Swirl egg. It wasn’t quite as slow as its brother, though. Popping apart in a neat spray of egg shards, what was revealed was… a blue?

Harbingers of a new age SWCkT0e

But something was strange about this baby. Through the egg goop, his hide seemed to shine in the same way a bronze’s might, distinctly bright in the afternoon sunlight. Though, the blue didn’t stay still for long.

Seeming to yawn, and then stretch in a catlike manner, it stepped delicately out of the shards of eggshell around it before charging straight towards the candidates. Weaving through them, it seemed to dart everywhere, inspecting every candidate without ever touching one or getting too close.

This went on for several tense moments, a few less brave candidates flinching as the blue neared them. As fun as running was, though, the blue couldn’t do it forever. When it skidded to a stop, it was Plover the baby plopped down in front of. Plover! There you are! Come on, there’s things we need to do! it said, eyes whirling with the rainbow that was impression.

The voice coming out of the hatchling didn’t match what most would’ve expected though, sounding distinctly… female? Was this blue not actually what it seemed?

Across the sands, the Eye in the Moon egg seemed to rock.
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2024 11:41 pm

Candidate Touya - Open
Two hatchlings, two Impressions. He definitely snorted at Katsuki when the bronze tried to bite him, even if he had been slightly alarmed by the gesture. It would be pretty bad if a dragonet that size really tried to take a chunk out of somebody. But Katsuki wasn't hurt, and he didn't have to try to drag the blond off the Sands to somewhere safe.

Next was a blue, with a weird color to his hide that made him look--maybe a little metallic somehow? Blues weren't metallic, though, so was it just... shine from the egg fluid? Weird. Ah well, he tried to stand as still as possible as the little thing darted in and out between the Candidates, wondering what in the world was going through its head before it stopped.

And it seemed that the blue had stopped directly next to Plover, his roommate. Guess he was getting the room to himself for a bit.

Yukong of Brown Yukosk - Spectator, Open
Yukong wasn't often awake during the day anymore, but the loud humming was incredibly difficult to ignore. And then there was Yukosk, who kept nudging his face into her ribs to get her to get up. Eventually she'd make her way to the Hatching Grounds, just in time to watch the first dragonet Impress and start to walk off the sands. She climbed up to a seat a few rows back as Yukosk trotted his way over to find a spot with whatever watch-whers were actually awake to watch.

Hatchings weren't really her cup of tea, all things considered. Sort of bittersweet now, but she did really try to be happy for the new riders. When the blue Impressed after a bit of racing around, she applauded politely, but was unable to help the somewhat melancholy expression on her face.
Back to top Go down
Starisia

Starisia

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 12:03 am

Candidate Shouto (Touya)

Just like much else since he'd arrived at the Weyr, this was... a tad overwhelming. As much as he'd heard of dragons, he'd never imagined they could be anywhere near as large as the first to hatch, the youngling surely massive even for a Bronze...right? And if that weren't already enough to have his heart jumping to his throat, the way it approached Katsuki-nipped at him-certainly did, and for a split second Shouto found himself ready to race to where the blond was one the sands to drag him to safety if he had to.

Thankfully, it seemed he wouldn't have to, an audible sigh of relief escaping and shoulder slumping just a tad. It wasn't until the second egg was cracking, the sound damn near making him jump that he straightened once more.

Shouto had trouble telling if that smaller blue hatchling was more or less dramatic than the first with the way it seemed to stretch almost leisurely, only to then race off across the sands. While Shouto wasn't as startled as some, he still found himself stumbling as the blue blur raced around him, inadvertently knocking into the nearest candidate as a result. 

"Sorry..." he mumbled, glancing up-and only the realizing, a look of surprise flashing across his features, that he'd unwittingly gravitated towards his brother. Tensing slightly, he took a couple steps away, watching as the dragon settled in front of the one he assumed it had chosen. For a few moments, he let the silence hang awkwardly in the air between them before speaking. "I wasn't expecting them to be so... lively right out of their eggs."

Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 12:29 am

Candidate Touya - Shouto
Touya was still watching the new pair when someone else bumped into him. He luckily managed to catch himself and reflexively put an arm out to steady the other person--all before he realized who he was dealing with. Eyebrow raised, he snorted quietly as his little brother practically jumped and scurried away from him.

"Little surprising, yeah." He put his hand on his hip, looking at the new Weyrlings for a moment and then back to Shouto. "First time here though so I can't say what it's normally like. Heard some rumors there have been actual maulings and deaths though, so." Touya gave a nonchalant shrug. As if he hadn't just told Shouto that he could be mangled by an infant. "Could be worse, right?"
Back to top Go down
Haurchefant

Haurchefant

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 11:37 am

Candidate Ezra - Impressions, Open

Ezra looked at the two beautiful dragons that hatched, the large bronze had gremlin energy it almost seemed, and part of him was a bit glad he had not been even considered, that one looked.. bitey. He knew hatchings could get bloody depending on the dragons and the candidates involved and hoped this one would not turn out that way. Looking as the blue hatched, he felt a bit sad that that one passed him too, but this was old hat by now, most dragons did not even pay him a second glance and he figured he just might not be destined for this. But who knew.. maybe that would change. It was not as if he could be standing much longer, given he was nearing 29. He wished the new weyrlings good luck and leaned back, his eyes closing for a moment, the warmth of the sands making him a bit sleepy.

------------------------------------

Elsa of Blue Orushufath - Fenix

Elsa smiled as she recieved a hug, the usual sqeuak coming from her that always did when Fenix hugged her. Her eyes were shining and she was actually smiling a bit more openly today. " Indeed.. oddly big for a baby bronze.. but the aggression is.. worrisome. Hopefully their bonded can temper that.. or endure it." She replied and as the blue hatched, she felt warmth bloom in her heart. She had a very particular bias towards blues and it made her look towards her very own, sitting regaly with the other adult dragons, his tail swaying back and forth like an excited puppy. She only hoped he did not take someone out with it. " Oh look at that beautiful blue!" She replied and watched to see if the new weyrling would accept their dragon or not. It was always a fear of hers, not wanting to see a baby between.

-------------------------------
Haur'fan of Garnet Sindrath - T'nal

Haur'fan grinned brightly and returned the shoulder clasp with one of his own to the fellow rider. " Here here! I would rather not see blood on the sands today, though that bronze looked a bit.. feisty. I hope their new bonded can handle it." He replied with a chuckle and shake of his head. He cheered as the pretty blue hatched too and seemed to find their person? He gave a loud cheer of congradulations to the new weyrlings, his child like excitement probably contagious.. or maybe obnoxious but he did not care. Dragons were being born today!
Back to top Go down
Ilauria

Ilauria

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 12:29 pm

One of the few eggs that Plover had not gotten to touch began to rattle next, drawing her attention away from the conversation with the other candidate. It shelled out a vibrant, vivid blue hatchling - nearly eye-searing in its saturated intensity. And... shine? Perhaps it was a trick of the light, a sheen of egg goop? Her eyes squinted, browns pinching in consideration. No... he looked more shiny than that. Almost metallic. Not that a metallic blue was even possible.

He gave a languid stretch and yawn, and then was off like a shot! The languorous attitude fell away in a flurry of motion, and Plover tensed, muscles ready to twitch and let her leap out of the way if need be. She had seen blood shed on the sands before, though it wasn't always common. Thankfully the blue seemed to know when to pump the brakes, swerving, pausing, managing somehow not to trample anyone in his mad dash. She could respect that, the sense and control, though she did rather hope he knew what he was looking for.

...And apparently, that was... her? Just as the thought had come, there did the blue, sitting back on his hanches and staring up at her with wide eyes. Eyes that went even deeper, more radiant rainbows than she had ever imagined or dreamed. Plover! There you are! Come on, there’s things we need to do! His voice rang like a silver bell in her head, lighter, higher, more... feminine? Than she had expected? Her brows pinched again, over curiously blinking, and silently weeping eyes as she reached out to caress the blue's eye ridges.

"There I am? There you are, Moruth. Finally..." Finally. She sucked a ragged, snuffly breath as the blue pressed herself to the woman's legs in mutual euphoric support. "You're right. And first is getting you fed." She spared teh briefest ofmoments to nod at Megumi, but then all her focus was back on Moruth. Her Moruth.

Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 12:46 pm

In all the fuss Moruth had caused with her mad dash and subsequent impression, the Eye In The Moon Egg went largely unnoticed. It was languid, the cracks the had appeared widening and splitting slowly, with hints of wings poking out as the hatchling within worked itself free. However, when the egg split, it would finally be noticed, a green tumbling her way out and onto the sands.

Harbingers of a new age AtoVgzj

She took her time stepping free of the remains of her egg, calm as could be even with all the noise the candidates and people watching had been making. Once she was free of her egg, though, she did not hesitate. There was only one candidate she had in mind, and looking down the line, she stepped towards her choice.

When she stopped before someone, it was Keigo, her eyes whirling with rainbows for him.

You have waited quite some time, have you not? But I am here now, my Keigo.

Two more eggs began to shake. Both Dandelion Seeds and Confetti seemed ready to hatch, though one was rocking much more slowly than the other.
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 4:09 pm

Candidate Ghendan - Open, Reaction
It seemed Plover's destiny had come in the form of a rambunctious blue. Far from the woman's own personality, but he supposed a foil may do her well. A dragon always knew which was best for them, after all. They did not make mistakes when it came to Impression--they'd be stuck with whatever human they chose forever. Offering the other a small smile, he applauded politely with the others. Somehow, he doubted he would be quite as lucky, but Plover's Impression had been a long time coming. She certainly deserved it.

Next to come was a green, which which seemed in little hurry compared to her sibling as she wiggled her way free. But she seemed far more assured as she came toward them, selecting without hesitation or fanfare. Keigo had been here for some time as well, though he was hardly as at risk of aging out as Plover had been. Regardless, an Impression was an Impression and he joined the applause, his eyes already scanning over the remaining eggs. Two seemed to be moving with a bit more enthusiasm than the others, and he privately wondered what might come forth this time.

If Haur'fan was obnoxious, then T'nal was oblivious, because he was reacting with just as much enthusiasm as his fellow rider. They were getting a few odd looks from those around them (and probably those on the other side of the stands), but he was far from bothered--it was always nice to be near someone as energetic as he was.

A lively blue and a gentle green came next, both without a fuss. "Ah, how amazing," he commented, "I'm glad for the bluerider. She's been waiting a long while." He definitely remembered her from his own time as a Candidate, and at the last several Hatchings as well. He'd have to extend congratulations to her personally.
Back to top Go down
Kitarial
Admin
Kitarial

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 5:10 pm

Fenix of Pearl Tsuneath- Elsa

“He’s has some control, otherwise that candidate he snapped at would be on the ground,” he pointed out, watching as the newest bronze Weyrling walked off to the feed buckets after his dragon. The kid seemed small, and was definitely new to the Weyr, since Fenix didn’t recognize him. Hopefully, the blond boy would be alright. Such a big dragon was not going to be easy for the Weyrling, least of all with that seeming temper of his. He trusted the weyrlingmasters, though, and Tsuneath could step in if her offspring truly went out of control.

However, his attention was soon captured by the next two eggs to hatch, a blue and a green. He recognized both candidates, and offered them an encouraging wave as their dragons finally came to them. Plover had been at the candidate thing for so long she was close to aging out, and Keigo had been standing a few turns already as well. It was always good to see older candidates impress.

Weyrling Lyney of Bronze Kurath

As they reached the feed buckets, Kurath didn’t seem to wait for Lyney, marching right up to his chosen bucket and plonking down next to it. Lyney hurried to catch up, knowing that Kurath already had a decent temper and probably wouldn’t enjoy waiting on him. Holding a chunk of meat for the bronze, he wasn’t entirely surprised when he nipped at Lyney’s fingers as he ate, not quite enough to draw blood but a definite warning.

It didn’t seem like Kurath even liked him, really. Bonding was supposed to be a magical thing, or so he’d thought? But Kurath quite clearly only cared about survival at the moment. Lyney would do as well as anybody else. Casting a worried look at the sands, he couldn’t help but look for Lynette, to see her reaction. What would she think of her twin impressing such a large and irate bronze?
Back to top Go down
Haurchefant

Haurchefant

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 5:53 pm

Candidate Ezra - Open, reactions

Watching another dragon hatch and promptly ignore him, he congradulated one of his other classmates who had nearly been here as long as he was. At least it seemed they would move forward and their dragon seemed a good match. Then the green hatched and like the others, he did not exist to them and the baby moved onto Keigo, another candidate Ezra believed was also on the older end of the spectrum. While there were still eggs left, he did not let himself get too worked up and excited, because why should he be worthy more so than the others out here? The rejection itself was old hat and at least he still could see dragons when he treated them as a healer, so it was not all lost if he aged out in a year and a half right? Clapping and congradulating the new greenrider, he turned his attention back to the sands and noticed two eggs moving this time. Would there be a double hatching or would the slower rocking one take its time? This hatching had been producing some rather interesting dragons so far and he was curious what the others would look like and if he would be returning to none roommate tonight.

-----------------------------

Elsa of Blue Orushufath - Fenix, hatching reactions

" That is fair, but a dragon that big already... I don't think I could have handled that myself. At least so far, so good with smooth impressions. The best we can hope for right now I think." Elsa replied and clapped for the next candidates to impress, and the green was very pretty! Her gaze drifted to Orushufath in the stands and she caught him looking adoringly towards Tsuneath. She knew her dragon was fond of the pearl, though he chose not to chase her when she rose, for whatever reason. Probably a good thing because Elsa was definately not ready to deal with flight lust by any means and her blue so far had never chased, thankfully. " Orushufath seems to be rather calm today, I expected him to be a bit more.. energetic. Perhaps he is trying not to spook the hatchlings. I remember when I impressed him.. I thought he was gonna maul me when he lept on me like that." She added with a chuckle. Impressions were special events and she felt happy for those that were doing so today.

---------------------------------

Haur'fan of Garnet Sindrath - T'nal, impression reactions

Haur'fan noted the looks they were getting but frankly did not care, he could be as excited as he wanted to! " You know the new blue rider down there? How splendid! Its always wonderful when an older candidate impresses at near the end of their eligibility. I was older than average when I impressed my Sindrath." He exclaimed, tossing a loving glance towards his garnet for a moment before turning back to his conversation partner. " Oh look! Two eggs are on the move!" He exclaimed in excitement, his hands clapping together like a child on a holiday morning.
Back to top Go down
Tyto

Tyto

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 6:53 pm

"She's only slightly younger than I am, if I recall." Though, he was probably lucky to remember her after so long. So much chaos. So many Hatchings. Though, there had been a bit of a "drought" since Tsuneath's, but he couldn't really be too surprised. From he'd heard, the Pearl's mother had been reluctant to Fly after the loss of so many of her children. He was a little surprised that Haur'fan didn't remember Plover, but Pshe had sort of blended into the background a bit. Always working and not really socializing more than she had to. "We were never close, but I do at the least remember her from before I bonded to my Bilynth."

T'nal chuckled softly. "Two at once, then! Twins, if only by breaking shell?" Did that still count as "twins"? "I'm curious as to what they'll be! They've all been healthy thus far as I can tell at the very least--which is wonderful." Hopefully, two hatching at once wouldn't result in a squabble for Impression. Dragonets seemed, for the most part, to know who they were wanting, but that didn't mean there wouldn't potentially be issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harbingers of a new age   Harbingers of a new age I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harbingers of a new age
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Weyr :: Archives :: Thread Archives :: Flights and Hatchings-
Jump to: